causton
Established Member
Mod Note: Split from this thread.
I work in a shop which has a phone at the tills. If you call the number listed on our website, the phone will ring, and ring, and we will not answer it. We do not answer that phone unless it is an internal call because 99% of calls are time wasting and counterproductive, considering the person answering the phone probably is at the tills as they should be serving customers there!
One time Head Office called us internally to tell us to answer the phones as a customer had a complaint and wanted to speak over the phone. For that evening I answered the phone and most calls were:
"Do you have this shoe: adidas xxxxx in size xx?" (no we did not. we had similar but we have a shop for you to come and see them for yourselves!)
"Do you do shirt printing?" (yes we do, the website you got our number from said so)
"How much is an Arsenal top?" *reads out price* "It's cheaper on your website!" (I only had one suggestion to make)
"What time do you shut tonight?" (printed RIGHT NEXT to the phone number on the website)
"Can you help me using your website?" (not really, there's a queue of customers waiting at the till)
"Are you still open?" (no, I'm cleaning, sorry, 10am tomorrow)
...and more. I could go all evening, because the people did, and the person with their complaint seemed not to call!
Why is it that stations are allowed this anoniminity as regards the phone when for nearly everything else it is possible to call the local branch/office/depot whatever?
I work in a shop which has a phone at the tills. If you call the number listed on our website, the phone will ring, and ring, and we will not answer it. We do not answer that phone unless it is an internal call because 99% of calls are time wasting and counterproductive, considering the person answering the phone probably is at the tills as they should be serving customers there!
One time Head Office called us internally to tell us to answer the phones as a customer had a complaint and wanted to speak over the phone. For that evening I answered the phone and most calls were:
"Do you have this shoe: adidas xxxxx in size xx?" (no we did not. we had similar but we have a shop for you to come and see them for yourselves!)
"Do you do shirt printing?" (yes we do, the website you got our number from said so)
"How much is an Arsenal top?" *reads out price* "It's cheaper on your website!" (I only had one suggestion to make)
"What time do you shut tonight?" (printed RIGHT NEXT to the phone number on the website)
"Can you help me using your website?" (not really, there's a queue of customers waiting at the till)
"Are you still open?" (no, I'm cleaning, sorry, 10am tomorrow)
...and more. I could go all evening, because the people did, and the person with their complaint seemed not to call!