• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Current UK Domestic Flights Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butts

Veteran Member
Joined
16 Jan 2011
Messages
11,840
Location
Stirlingshire
Has anyone been on a domestic flight since the lockdown ?

It's possible I may be flying from Heathrow up to Edinburgh in early June. I can't post this in the Aviation thread as it is currently locked.

What's it like at Heathrow (measures et al) and are BA loading aka Aer Lingus the other week ?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Red Onion

Member
Joined
4 Apr 2012
Messages
415
Location
Aberdeen
I go through Aberdeen airport, everything is shut down in the airside area of the terminal. Our LHR flight seems reasonably busy still, we only have three a week (Friday, Saturday and Monday) though not overly so. It’s quite an eerie atmosphere!
 

Butts

Veteran Member
Joined
16 Jan 2011
Messages
11,840
Location
Stirlingshire
I go through Aberdeen airport, everything is shut down in the airside area of the terminal. Our LHR flight seems reasonably busy still, we only have three a week (Friday, Saturday and Monday) though not overly so. It’s quite an eerie atmosphere!

Ta for the info - I'm on LHR to GLA next Sunday on BA so will report back.
 

Red Onion

Member
Joined
4 Apr 2012
Messages
415
Location
Aberdeen
Ta for the info - I'm on LHR to GLA next Sunday on BA so will report back.

Glasgow is dead by all accounts, so I imagine the loading will be fairly low. From what I’ve read there’s nothing open at the airport either.

What kind of people are flying ? Key workers ?

Certainly here it really is, we are still busy (as you can be just now!) with offshore traffic here, a lot going between here and Norway. Essentially all our flights are connected with the oil industry.
 

Butts

Veteran Member
Joined
16 Jan 2011
Messages
11,840
Location
Stirlingshire
Glasgow is dead by all accounts, so I imagine the loading will be fairly low. From what I’ve read there’s nothing open at the airport either.



Certainly here it really is, we are still busy (as you can be just now!) with offshore traffic here, a lot going between here and Norway. Essentially all our flights are connected with the oil industry.

I'm more intrigued to see LHR Terminal 5 like a "Ghost Town"
 

darloscott

Member
Joined
12 Dec 2013
Messages
917
Location
Stockton
Watched a video from a lad flying home to Spain on an LHR-GIB flight out of T5, and nearly everything was shut, he said only Boots and WHSmith were open. Limited service onboard, he was in Club and it was basically biscuits and tea/coffee/water only.
 

Butts

Veteran Member
Joined
16 Jan 2011
Messages
11,840
Location
Stirlingshire
Watched a video from a lad flying home to Spain on an LHR-GIB flight out of T5, and nearly everything was shut, he said only Boots and WHSmith were open. Limited service onboard, he was in Club and it was basically biscuits and tea/coffee/water only.

Sounds the same as the Motorway Services aka Boots and Smiths.
 

Butts

Veteran Member
Joined
16 Jan 2011
Messages
11,840
Location
Stirlingshire
Ta for the info - I'm on LHR to GLA next Sunday on BA so will report back.

I can report back the flight has gone up from a bargain £47 to £153 in less than a week - Yikes hope it is not going to be "The Corona Flyer" with me a "piggy in the middle"
 

Andy Pacer

Established Member
Joined
11 Jul 2017
Messages
3,504
Location
Leicestershire
I can report back the flight has gone up from a bargain £47 to £153 in less than a week - Yikes hope it is not going to be "The Corona Flyer" with me a "piggy in the middle"
Makes you wonder whether that is as a result of supply and demand or whether they are trying to recoup the money from seats they cannot sell due to social distancing.
 

Butts

Veteran Member
Joined
16 Jan 2011
Messages
11,840
Location
Stirlingshire
Makes you wonder whether that is as a result of supply and demand or whether they are trying to recoup the money from seats they cannot sell due to social distancing.

Looking at the seating plan it's not that busy at the moment. Originally I was going to Edinburgh but missed the boat on that one as it had shot up from £40odd to £150 odd in a matter of days.
 

route101

Veteran Member
Joined
16 May 2010
Messages
12,295
I can report back the flight has gone up from a bargain £47 to £153 in less than a week - Yikes hope it is not going to be "The Corona Flyer" with me a "piggy in the middle"

Back to normal high prices on BA from GLA/EDI
 

Butts

Veteran Member
Joined
16 Jan 2011
Messages
11,840
Location
Stirlingshire
Just had an e-mail from BA saying that I am requested to wear a face mask whilst at the Airport and Onboard - does not say anything about them being supplied !!
 

Darandio

Established Member
Joined
24 Feb 2007
Messages
11,143
Location
Redcar
Just had an e-mail from BA saying that I am requested to wear a face mask whilst at the Airport and Onboard - does not say anything about them being supplied !!

That's been compulsory for a month now, you bring your own. My local Asda were flogging packs of 4 for £3.99, not sure whether there's one near you?
 

Butts

Veteran Member
Joined
16 Jan 2011
Messages
11,840
Location
Stirlingshire
That's been compulsory for a month now, you bring your own. My local Asda were flogging packs of 4 for £3.99, not sure whether there's one near you?

I'll have to half inch a couple from work - as no one uses them there are plenty knocking about !!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top