• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Curious about transport forum etiquette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harlesden

Member
Joined
23 Jun 2010
Messages
968
Location
LONDON NW10
I'm not an insensitive person, but on another UK transport forum, in the list of six or seven Moderators there is one person who, according to various threads on the forum is clearly deceased.
I just find this a little weird. The person is surely remembered with great affection by long standing members, but keeping his name in the Moderator list seems a little odd.
I just wondered what members of this forum think.
If my thread is considered inappropriate, then I apologize and Admin are welcome to delete it.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
Joined
28 Dec 2010
Messages
2,087
Location
Ellesmere port
I think that it is a little odd keeping them as a moderator as, well, the said person would no longer be around to do their moderating duties. I think they should just keep them as a normal member, get a replacement in and probably make a 'memorial' for them like Airliners.net do for one of their, now sadly, deceased staff members.

Are you on about the District Dave forum?
 

455driver

Veteran Member
Joined
10 May 2010
Messages
11,329
If it is the DD forum then I can understand why he is still there, it was 'his' forum after all.

A very knowledgeable chap, sadly missed.
 

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Joined
16 May 2010
Messages
12,856
A member on another (non-transport) forum I'm on mentioned on a forum he frequents one of the main members passed away recently and they've renamed a sub-forum after him. Nice touch I thought. Suppose it depends on the forum staff's thoughts. Although in the case of DD's I can understand it, it was his place.
 

Whistlekiller

Member
Joined
26 Oct 2010
Messages
49
If it is the DD forum then I can understand why he is still there, it was 'his' forum after all.

A very knowledgeable chap, sadly missed.
Chris, the chap referred to, incidentally not the forum founder, died in October 2013 and whilst I'm not privy to such information I'd assume that his moderators position has been retained for the time being by the administrators owing to the great esteem he was held in by all members of that forum.

It's not odd.

It's respect.
 

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,464
Location
Yorkshire
...but on another UK transport forum,...
There was someone on that forum with an identical posting style to you on there, also known as harlesden (among other names) who was banned...

Of course, it may not be you, but it's a bit of a co-incidence!
 

Amberley54

Member
Joined
2 Dec 2013
Messages
305
Location
East Cheshire.
Perhaps in a similar vein, A talented and popular player at my local football club tragically died a couple of years back, and his squad number was 'retired' as a mark of respect and is always included in the squad list in the match programme.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top