Yep, they now between Barrow and Carlisle onlyI notice that the 10.00am ish service from Preston to Barrow now starts at Manchester Airport. Does that mean the 37's don't come that far south any more?
That's correct. Only 2 x 37s on LHCS, now. We also seem to have lost the 153s!Are the diagrams on the frequently requested wiki correct? Believe I read somewhere that 68s don't go on there anymore?
That's correct. Only 2 x 37s on LHCS, now. We also seem to have lost the 153s!
Yep, that one is now a 37.So the 12:08pm Carlisle to Barrow should (bar a failure) be a 37?
According to the timetable on the Northern website. See: https://be803fe5c416e39d38ae-aa2108...imetables/Northern-6-booklet-0418-28pp-v3.pdfSo the 12:08pm Carlisle to Barrow should (bar a failure) be a 37?
According to the timetable on the Northern website. See: https://be803fe5c416e39d38ae-aa2108...imetables/Northern-6-booklet-0418-28pp-v3.pdf
Interestingly - I hadn't noticed before - some of the 37-hauled now wizz through some of the lesser-used stations. The 12.08 ex Carlisle looks almost like a 'real' express
Makes for two-hour gaps from those stations, of course. But at least they don't have to hang around if the 37 expires on route.
I've just traced the diagram back on realtime trains and the train for that service definitely started from Kingmoor DRS this morning, so is almost certainly a 37 - should be 37425 if the sets have kept to diagramSays formed of 4 coaches at Carlisle, but the first two coaches are terminating at Whitehaven. Looks like it's not a 37![]()
I've just traced the diagram back on realtime trains and the train for that service definitely started from Kingmoor DRS this morning, so is almost certainly a 37 - should be 37425 if the sets have kept to diagram
I've just traced the diagram back on realtime trains and the train for that service definitely started from Kingmoor DRS this morning, so is almost certainly a 37 - should be 37425 if the sets have kept to diagram
I stand corrected, the unmissable sound of a 37 just came into my ears. Must be the dodgy screens at Carlisle.
*breathes a sigh of relief*

That's the diagram, but how can it split at Whitehaven if it's a 37?
The screens at Carlisle say first two coaches for Whitehaven...
The screens at Carlisle are often wrong so it's probably best take what they say with a pinch of salt.I stand corrected, the unmissable sound of a 37 just came into my ears. Must be the dodgy screens at Carlisle.
*breathes a sigh of relief*
It is a platform direction used for the bay platform 2 at Carlisle when there is more than one set occupying it. Nothing to do with splitting at Whitehaven.That's the diagram, but how can it split at Whitehaven if it's a 37?
The screens at Carlisle say first two coaches for Whitehaven...
The way I understand what I've read on here is that the class 68s have been withdrawn from the Cumbrian coast, so both diagrams 1 and 2 are 'permanently' worked by class 37 + 2/3 TSO + DBSO formations, 6 days per week. (So the answer to your question is yes).I have just been looking at the Frequently Requested diagrams thread & it is a little confusing.
Do the 37s permanently run diagram 1 (Starts with 0616 Carlisle) Monday - Saturday now?
That's the diagram, but how can it split at Whitehaven if it's a 37?
The screens at Carlisle say first two coaches for Whitehaven...
The bay platform at Whitehaven can take 4 coaches but not sure about the through platform.I think that is due to the available length of platform at Whitehaven station for loco + stock formations.
The bay platform at Whitehaven can take 4 coaches but not sure about the through platform.
Yes. 403 on the Carlisle starter. 425 on the other one.
But you probably already know this given the time. I managed not to break anything this morning.
Thank you!
...just left Ravenglass behind 403.
Nice. She's going very nicely as usual.
So was Bob yesterday until wheel flats on a coach caused mischief.
Yes she was.
I was quandering why Bob was in the sidings at Barrow. Although he’s just pulled into Carlisle now so must be fine again now or heading to the depot for attention.
Is Oct 20 the last Saturday strike day