• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cubot Android phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

telstarbox

Established Member
Joined
23 Jul 2010
Messages
6,379
Location
Wennington Crossovers
I've heard good things regarding this brand of Android smartphones which are considerably cheaper than mainstream makes. Has anyone had any experience with Cubot phones?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

asylumxl

Established Member
Joined
12 Feb 2009
Messages
4,260
Location
Hiding in your shadow
Questionable build quality and hardware - basically generic Chinese knock offs. I recommend looking at specific models reviews, as some are alright.

Personally I'd go for a main brand affordable smartphone if I were you. The new affordable Lumias are pretty good if you don't mind Windows phone.
 

telstarbox

Established Member
Joined
23 Jul 2010
Messages
6,379
Location
Wennington Crossovers
I've gone for the one with the best and most reviews on Amazon (I realise this can be a positive feedback loop).

It's under £100 so less risk than the cost of a 2 year contract.
 

jon0844

Veteran Member
Joined
1 Feb 2009
Messages
30,916
Location
UK
Get the Moto G. Either the 4G version or the new 5 inch model (3G only but most likely the dual SIM version). £150 or less, and a decent spec.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top