• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Crossrail - suggestions for a whistle-stop tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Magstripe

Member
Joined
10 Mar 2016
Messages
10
Location
Zone 67
I've followed the Crossrail story for years, and now it's finally here. However, nowadays I find myself there - meaning I no longer live in London, nor am I all that close.

In times past, I would have enjoyed exploring the whole of Crossrail at some leisure - however now I'm an occasional visitor to my old city, with a variety of commitments elsewhere, meaning the pleasure of that kind of relaxed exploration is unfortunately off the agenda.

Instead I need suggestions for a quick Crossrail fix - I can squeeze in perhaps a couple of hours at most during a somewhat manic upcoming visit to the capital.

So, what's at the top of the Lizzy line list of unmissable things to see and experience? I'm also interested in the exterior of the stations and how they fit into the urban fabric, interchange impressions, cavernous subterranean chambers and anything else that is really a 'wow' thing - so not just a ride 'there and back' on a train. But in a couple of hours or less!

Thanks.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TRXsouth

Member
Joined
1 Aug 2020
Messages
65
Location
Surrey
At which London terminal will you be arriving, or leaving from, to indicate where your Elizabeth Line visit needs to start or finish?
 

Basil Jet

On Moderation
Joined
23 Apr 2022
Messages
1,090
Location
London
If I was to "do" the line again, I wouldn't make the mistake of walking the length of all of the platforms. Pretty much everything is at one end or t'other, so I would travers the line eastward and stay at the front of trains and explore the eastern exits in turn, and then return westward at the front of the trains and explore the western exits.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top