• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Crossrail livery and interior revealed by TfL

Status
Not open for further replies.

keppoch69

On Moderation
Joined
22 Nov 2014
Messages
60
I quite like the colour scheme. I like the muted colours inside, they are not glaring, acid type, in your face.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

southern442

Established Member
Joined
20 May 2013
Messages
2,266
Location
Surrey
I think that the trains look very good, I like the livery (don't forget that the DLR doesn't have the TFL corporate livery either) and I think that it also looks very good without the front end, doesn't look out of place at all. However, I see in the artist's impression of the 710's (the new LO stock) that those trains still have the yellow front ends, why is this? The light cluster looks really weird with the front end being yellow.

The interior isn't bad, but they could have improved it slightly. On both ends of the line, the passengers are used to 3+2 seats, and now they will have to cope with longitudinal seating and 2+2 in places. That being said, they will have more carriages than before at both ends, and those seats don't look as bad as the ironing boards that every other TOC in the country seems to be choosing (even the bloody IEP's have them).

Overall, not bad at all.
 

47802

Established Member
Joined
6 Mar 2010
Messages
3,454
I think that the trains look very good, I like the livery (don't forget that the DLR doesn't have the TFL corporate livery either) and I think that it also looks very good without the front end, doesn't look out of place at all. However, I see in the artist's impression of the 710's (the new LO stock) that those trains still have the yellow front ends, why is this? The light cluster looks really weird with the front end being yellow.

The interior isn't bad, but they could have improved it slightly. On both ends of the line, the passengers are used to 3+2 seats, and now they will have to cope with longitudinal seating and 2+2 in places. That being said, they will have more carriages than before at both ends, and those seats don't look as bad as the ironing boards that every other TOC in the country seems to be choosing (even the bloody IEP's have them).

Overall, not bad at all.

In practice I wouldn't take those pictures as gospel with regard to seat types in practice they may well be ironing boards, plus of course many passengers will have to take the longitudinal seating or stand
 
Last edited:

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Joined
7 Apr 2010
Messages
34,308
However, I see in the artist's impression of the 710's (the new LO stock) that those trains still have the yellow front ends, why is this?

I don't think it is significant, I expect either they'll have just assumed the livery would match the existing and included it by default, or they intentionally included it because the decision about yellow panels had not been finally confirmed at the time it was being drawn.
 

southern442

Established Member
Joined
20 May 2013
Messages
2,266
Location
Surrey
I don't think it is significant, I expect either they'll have just assumed the livery would match the existing and included it by default, or they intentionally included it because the decision about yellow panels had not been finally confirmed at the time it was being drawn.

That would make sense, I can see the yellow panel being used to keep the stock uniform with eachother, especially as LO are very quick to repaint to keep a uniform fleet.
 

JaJaWa

Established Member
Joined
14 Feb 2013
Messages
1,734
Location
⠀
The previous render of these trains looked similar to the London Overground mock-up, but in purple - so that could also change!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top