• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Crossrail Fares for Retired Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelleIsle

Member
Joined
24 Aug 2012
Messages
116
Does anyone know what the Crossrail fares will be for retired staff with a Priv? I assume that Paddington-Reading/Liverpool Street-Shenfield will be the same as now as they are current national rail services being taken over (with the exception of Heathrow). Likewise, the core plus the Abbey Wood branch would be subject to the 75% discount for TfL lines as new build.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

WelshBluebird

Established Member
Joined
14 Jan 2010
Messages
5,606
Do we even know what normal Crossrail fares will be yet? I think TfL have announced details for the core section, but as for out towards Reading? Without that I don't think we can judge what priv / staff fares will be.
 

BelleIsle

Member
Joined
24 Aug 2012
Messages
116
Do we even know what normal Crossrail fares will be yet? I think TfL have announced details for the core section, but as for out towards Reading? Without that I don't think we can judge what priv / staff fares will be.

Whatever they are, I would expect free passes to be valid and 2/3 discount if you pay.
 

ag51ruk

Member
Joined
29 Oct 2014
Messages
629
Free and Priv travel will be available, and has already been introduced on the former Heathrow Connect services between Hayes and Heathrow (they were previously only valid between Paddington and Hayes & Harlington).

No idea on pricing yet, although I wouldn't expect much difference from fares today. I believe the core will be treated like London Overground, and National Rail staff travel will be valid as per any other NR journey (including free travel with a box or status pass), but don't have that in writing.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top