• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

CrossCountry (XC) HST modifications including power doors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crisps

Member
Joined
19 May 2019
Messages
69
Any idea why it is ending in Doncaster? Never heard of XC going there.
In normal service the Newcastle - Reading/Southampton services serve Doncaster and the Plymouth/Penzance-Scotland services serve Leeds. There are a few exceptions to this but that’s the general rule.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

duffield

Established Member
Joined
31 Jul 2013
Messages
3,304
Location
East Midlands
Day out yesterday to do the XC 'Golden Valley' diversion (Filton Bank closed), got off at Swindon for beers. On the way back from Swindon to Sheffield, I got a 'random' train (didn't check diagrams) and was pleased to see it was an HST, and even more pleased that it was the last slam-door set XC05. Took some fairly bad photos and a short film of door closing and departure at Sheffield.
 

43 302

Established Member
Joined
25 Oct 2019
Messages
1,732
Location
London
Could anybody tell me what diagram XC05 will be on this Wednesday? I saw it on the 1V54 on Saturday.
 

43 302

Established Member
Joined
25 Oct 2019
Messages
1,732
Location
London
That's a shame, I was hoping to catch it home. Not long before it's withdrawn I guess.
 

The Joker

Member
Joined
16 Dec 2019
Messages
29
Location
Tamworth
XC02 returned 2 weeks ago. And XC05 is already on it's way to Doncaster.
Thanks - I had just checked that it was running. I had been hoping for it to be needed to make an unlikely short term return. Good job other slam door sets are still available!
 

43 302

Established Member
Joined
25 Oct 2019
Messages
1,732
Location
London
Thanks - I had just checked that it was running. I had been hoping for it to be needed to make an unlikely short term return. Good job other slam door sets are still available!
What slam door sets would they be?
 

Spirit555

Member
Joined
8 Oct 2017
Messages
821
43384 & 43285 took XC05 north today. Also has 42290 in formation as well.

HTH

Mark
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top