• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Crosscountry senior conductor Bristol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Joined
16 May 2010
Messages
12,856
Not wishing to hijack this thread (good luck to all those who apply!), but does anybody know how long the XC Careers website has been down for and if it will be back up anytime soon?
 

CC 72100

Established Member
Joined
23 Jan 2012
Messages
3,851
Not wishing to hijack this thread (good luck to all those who apply!), but does anybody know how long the XC Careers website has been down for and if it will be back up anytime soon?

It's currently online on my end - 4 current vacancies
 

Jonfun

Established Member
Joined
16 Mar 2007
Messages
1,254
Location
North West
Cheers, I just get a constant No Data Received and have done all week. Will try on another browser etc :)

The server's incorrectly (or just badly) configured. You need to make sure you put "www." in front of the address or it will return an error.
 

Monty

Established Member
Joined
12 Jun 2012
Messages
2,370
Training is 12 months? I assume they mean you are basically on probation for the first 12 months? That's a bit off gettjt a training wage when you will be out doing turns as a productive guard/conductor. You should be on full whack as soon as you have completed training and signed off all your routes and traction.
 

the sniper

Established Member
Joined
4 Sep 2007
Messages
3,498
Cheers, I just get a constant No Data Received and have done all week. Will try on another browser etc :)

Couldn't get that site to work in Firefox, I had to use IE.

I'm sure this has been explained before, but how do the jobs work for SNR Conductors if they're based in Bristol, lots of Taxis/Pass moves to/from where? Cardiff?
 

Julian W

Member
Joined
10 Nov 2012
Messages
42
I thought the Conductors/Senior Conductors are those who sign the 170 services, so why would they be based in Bristol, as opposed to Cardiff or Birmingham?
 

trentside

Established Member
Joined
14 Aug 2010
Messages
3,391
Location
Messroom
I thought the Conductors/Senior Conductors are those who sign the 170 services, so why would they be based in Bristol, as opposed to Cardiff or Birmingham?

They sign Cardiff to Birmingham plus diversions, I believe.

I've been told that most crew changes take place at Newport, so they travel pass from Bristol (or taxi at extreme ends of the day).

Good luck to those who apply :)
 

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
Joined
11 Jun 2005
Messages
1,975
They sign Cardiff to Birmingham plus diversions, I believe.

I've been told that most crew changes take place at Newport, so they travel pass from Bristol (or taxi at extreme ends of the day).

Good luck to those who apply :)

Believe it or not they sign Stansted and through to Nottingham as well.
 

the sniper

Established Member
Joined
4 Sep 2007
Messages
3,498
I've been told that most crew changes take place at Newport, so they travel pass from Bristol (or taxi at extreme ends of the day).

Newport rather than Cardiff than. Thanks. :)

Classic example of the mess that the fragmentation of our railway system has made on the day to day running of the railway...
 

NX

Member
Joined
6 Jan 2014
Messages
320
XC guards (ex Central) are on trainee wages for 12 months, like the trainees at London Midland.

Bristol 170 Guards only sign Cardiff to .Birmingham New Street plus diversions.
All their work is either passenger or taxi to/from Newport or Cardiff.

They are the only depot in the country who don't sign the railway that leads to their depot!

XC at Bristol have two depots Train managers (voyagers) and Senior Conductors (170s) progression is via vacancy and application even for SCs.

Training wage for 12 months has put a lot of prospective Guards from FGW off.

NX
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top