• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

CrossCountry seat selector - how to find it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alistairlees

Established Member
Joined
29 Dec 2016
Messages
4,413
I don't ever seem to be able to get the CrossCountry seat selector to appear. I tried York to Darlington, York to Sheffield and Sheffield to Bristol TM, all for Tuesday morning next week, and solely on CrossCountry services, but was never offered the option to select my seat. Has it been disabled, or am I just overlooking something obvious?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
Joined
16 Apr 2010
Messages
4,234
Location
Reading
I don't think it has been working for a while? My random guess was that it was "hard-coded" to use the full capacity seat layout, rather than taking a dynamic seat layout from NRS/RARS2, and it was seen as too much work to update it. Totally a guess though. You can still choose your seats on CrossCountry services on TrainSplit but a "feature" of the new RARS2 system means that all the seats are shown as pointing in the same direction, which makes it very hard to orient yourself in each carriage.
 

alistairlees

Established Member
Joined
29 Dec 2016
Messages
4,413
Thanks Paul. I just heard from CrossCountry that it's switched off because it wouldn't work well with social distancing.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top