• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Crosscountry New Street/Derby

Status
Not open for further replies.

StaffsPM1

Member
Joined
7 Oct 2017
Messages
93
Hi does anyone know the route/traction knowledge for the above depots? The "other forum" had it all but has mysteriously gone offline!

many thanks
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

godfreycomplex

Established Member
Joined
23 Jun 2016
Messages
1,755
Hi does anyone know the route/traction knowledge for the above depots? The "other forum" had it all but has mysteriously gone offline!

many thanks
The “other place” has sadly gone the way of the dodo
Derby do Bristol - Newcastle plus some diversions (Erewash/Castle Donington/Lichfield/Whitacre/Leicester/Old Road/Rotherham/Barnsley among them, not sure about Kidderminster/Severn Tunnel/Castleford/S&K), Voyager/HST
New Street’s links have changed recently, I’m not sure what the changes are but I’ll try and dig them out
 

StaffsPM1

Member
Joined
7 Oct 2017
Messages
93
Thanks for your assistance. Both are advertised and not sure which to go for as they may not be impressed with me applying for both.
 

lammergeier

Member
Joined
5 Oct 2017
Messages
505
I'm not based in Brum but I know a little about their new links - they have two main links, a 4 day and a 5 day pattern.

4 day sign 170 & Voyager, Reading, Manchester, Bristol, Nottingham, Stansted, Cardiff, Tyseley and the rivers plus usual diversions.

5 day lose Leicester-Stansted but add Reading-Bournemouth and HSTs.

There is a feeder link system which new starters join so you won't learn all the routes at once but you'll pretty much get to choose which pattern you prefer and I get the impression progression is quick.
 

StaffsPM1

Member
Joined
7 Oct 2017
Messages
93
I heard about the 4 and 5 day option. If you choose 5 day is that a guaranteed extra rest day paid each week or is it more like the extra day you worked you get off in another week (as a block)
 

lammergeier

Member
Joined
5 Oct 2017
Messages
505
The latter. So you work a 5 day week, plus occasional Sunday as don't forget Sunday is outside the working week at XC, then every fifth week you get 10 days off, Saturday to the following Tuesday. Meant to be good for those with kids as it guarantees at least a week off during the school summer hols.
 

221129

Established Member
Joined
21 Mar 2011
Messages
6,515
Location
Sunny Scotland
The latter. So you work a 5 day week, plus occasional Sunday as don't forget Sunday is outside the working week at XC, then every fifth week you get 10 days off, Saturday to the following Tuesday. Meant to be good for those with kids as it guarantees at least a week off during the school summer hols.
Its outside but if no cover is available you have to work them.
 

StaffsPM1

Member
Joined
7 Oct 2017
Messages
93
I worked for XC on day 1 of the franchise when we came from Central and Sundays were committed but outside.
Thanks you for your input guys. I actually sign a large amount of the routes that Derby and New St need to learn. Just need to convince XC I suppose!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top