• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

CrossCountry HST Diagrams

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Joker

Member
Joined
16 Dec 2019
Messages
29
Location
Tamworth
Does anyone know which diagrams XC05 is intended to work for the rest of this week please? Today, as for the last few Monday’s it has worked 1V44 and should be on 1S51 to Glasgow at the moment. For the last few weeks it seems to have become the spare so is out of use until the Thursday - not sure if this is intended or has been swapped out. Given that it is the last full week for this set because of the Christmas shutdown it would be good if it did a ‘rinse and repeat’ and worked the same diagram on both Wednesday and Friday. Unfortunately I missed it again this morning and I am just hoping for a last chance of ‘slamming the door’!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sufian123

Member
Joined
1 May 2017
Messages
1,182
Location
Birmingham
Does anyone know which diagrams XC05 is intended to work for the rest of this week please? Today, as for the last few Monday’s it has worked 1V44 and should be on 1S51 to Glasgow at the moment. For the last few weeks it seems to have become the spare so is out of use until the Thursday - not sure if this is intended or has been swapped out. Given that it is the last full week for this set because of the Christmas shutdown it would be good if it did a ‘rinse and repeat’ and worked the same diagram on both Wednesday and Friday. Unfortunately I missed it again this morning and I am just hoping for a last chance of ‘slamming the door’!

Tommrow likely be on 1v50 as it’s heading as 1s51 tonight.
 

Rich McLean

Established Member
Joined
6 Feb 2012
Messages
1,757
all goes to plan as set swaps can happen in Plymouth, this might end up in laira.
Correct, they often swap sets in the week. Expect XC05 to go onto LA tomorrow for an Exam and be swapped out, but it may go back on 1E63 if there isn't another set ready to go.
 

The Joker

Member
Joined
16 Dec 2019
Messages
29
Location
Tamworth
all goes to plan as set swaps can happen in Plymouth, this might end up in laira.
Thanks. I just hope it’s not swapped tomorrow at Laira for some reason. I must make sure I catch it on Wednesday then! If the plan does change I would be grateful if you could post an update.
 

The Joker

Member
Joined
16 Dec 2019
Messages
29
Location
Tamworth
Correct, they often swap sets in the week. Expect XC05 to go onto LA tomorrow for an Exam and be swapped out, but it may go back on 1E63 if there isn't another set ready to go.
Hi Rich. Apologies I hadn’t seen your response when I posted my previous reply. I am a bit confused though - are you saying that it should be going in for an exam tomorrow or it is possible that it could do?
 

Rich McLean

Established Member
Joined
6 Feb 2012
Messages
1,757
Hi Rich. Apologies I hadn’t seen your response when I posted my previous reply. I am a bit confused though - are you saying that it should be going in for an exam tomorrow or it is possible that it could do?

They will more than likely swap the set, happens at least once a week. You maybe lucky and the swap takes place on Wednesday, but Tuesday is when swaps usually occur, ready for a Thursday kickout
 

221129

Established Member
Joined
21 Mar 2011
Messages
6,515
Location
Sunny Scotland
Hi Rich. Apologies I hadn’t seen your response when I posted my previous reply. I am a bit confused though - are you saying that it should be going in for an exam tomorrow or it is possible that it could do?
It will be going onto Laira on arrival at Plymouth.
 

Thunderer

Member
Joined
29 Nov 2013
Messages
458
Location
South Wales
Thanks. I just hope it’s not swapped tomorrow at Laira for some reason. I must make sure I catch it on Wednesday then! If the plan does change I would be grateful if you could post an update.
43378+43321 went up yesterday to Wabtec in Doncaster and are due south this evening with what will probably be XC02 completed with its sliding doors, which just leaves XC05 to be converted, taken off at Laira today, so my guess is it will be heading to Wabtec very soon.r Pathed as 507H HST ECS Movement 18:35 Doncaster Wabtec to Laira TMD this evening...You can see it in Real Time Trains.
 

221129

Established Member
Joined
21 Mar 2011
Messages
6,515
Location
Sunny Scotland
43378+43321 went up yesterday to Wabtec in Doncaster and are due south this evening with what will probably be XC02 completed with its sliding doors, which just leaves XC05 to be converted, taken off at Laira today, so my guess is it will be heading to Wabtec very soon.r Pathed as 507H HST ECS Movement 18:35 Doncaster Wabtec to Laira TMD this evening...You can see it in Real Time Trains.
Next week at the earliest I would imagine.
 

Mugby

Established Member
Joined
25 Nov 2012
Messages
2,134
Location
Derby
Are the southbound Sunday departures from Leeds at 0810 and 0900 still booked for HSTs?
 

The Joker

Member
Joined
16 Dec 2019
Messages
29
Location
Tamworth
It will be going onto Laira on arrival at Plymouth.
Thanks very much confirming. Is it due back out tomorrow, and if so will it be on 1S51 (going onto 1V50 on Friday) as I think it has done for the last few weeks, or will it do IE63 thus forming 1V44 on Friday barring any faults?
 

Rich McLean

Established Member
Joined
6 Feb 2012
Messages
1,757
Thanks very much confirming. Is it due back out tomorrow, and if so will it be on 1S51 (going onto 1V50 on Friday) as I think it has done for the last few weeks, or will it do IE63 thus forming 1V44 on Friday barring any faults?
Will be on 1S49 or 1S53 tomorrow, and it may well be the last weekend it's out. XC02 will require the ususal de-snagging and prep before that gets kicked out onto a diagram.
 

The Joker

Member
Joined
16 Dec 2019
Messages
29
Location
Tamworth
Thanks Rich. I would be grateful if you could confirm which one it is on. Would be brilliant if it went onto 1S(E)63 to do 1V44/1S51 on Friday for the final time on a weekday. Not sure who decides but I will keep fingers firmly crossed!
NB On the diagrams thread 1E63 is showing - this may need altering.
 

Rich McLean

Established Member
Joined
6 Feb 2012
Messages
1,757
Thanks Rich. I would be grateful if you could confirm which one it is on. Would be brilliant if it went onto 1S(E)63 to do 1V44/1S51 on Friday for the final time on a weekday. Not sure who decides but I will keep fingers firmly crossed!
NB On the diagrams thread 1E63 is showing - this may need altering.

Allocations won't be up until tomorrow morning. Barring any failures, it will not be on 1E63 or 1S51, as set is currently at Laira and two sets are required off LA tomorrow for the two diagrams I previously mentioned.
 

The Joker

Member
Joined
16 Dec 2019
Messages
29
Location
Tamworth
Allocations won't be up until tomorrow morning. Barring any failures, it will not be on 1E63 or 1S51, as set is currently at Laira and two sets are required off LA tomorrow for the two diagrams I previously mentioned.
Apologies - I got myself confused between 53 and 63, with a bit of bit of wishful thinking thrown in. If I am reading the diagrams correctly and it does 1S53 tomorrow then it forms 1V44 on both Saturday and Monday - is that correct?
 

Rich McLean

Established Member
Joined
6 Feb 2012
Messages
1,757
Apologies - I got myself confused between 53 and 63, with a bit of bit of wishful thinking thrown in. If I am reading the diagrams correctly and it does 1S53 tomorrow then it forms 1V44 on both Saturday and Monday - is that correct?

Not neccisarily. It could end up on 1V64 or 1V54 or 1V50 on Friday. Again, allocation won't be known until Friday morning.
 

sufian123

Member
Joined
1 May 2017
Messages
1,182
Location
Birmingham
Apologies - I got myself confused between 53 and 63, with a bit of bit of wishful thinking thrown in. If I am reading the diagrams correctly and it does 1S53 tomorrow then it forms 1V44 on both Saturday and Monday - is that correct?

Saturday if it comes out it will end up in Edinburgh. Then usually on Sunday forms 0908 Edinburgh-Plymouth and then to Laira. Or if it’s stays in Neville Hills on Saturday, then on Sunday either will end in Edinburgh or end again Leeds. It depends on allocation.
 

The Joker

Member
Joined
16 Dec 2019
Messages
29
Location
Tamworth
Assuming it will likely be out all weekend (barring failure) until at least Monday then it should be on 1V44 on either Saturday or Monday (as all 4 are out at the weekend) but checking again cannot do both.
For the last 4 or 5 weeks it has been diagrammed onto 1V44 on a Monday (but as far as I am aware not the rest of the week to Friday) so has to have been on 1V50 and 1E63 on Sunday as there is only one set starting at Leeds, but it could have been on either of the Leeds workings on Saturday. Unfortunately I have missed it every time but have been on sliding door sets on the a variety of the other days!
 

sufian123

Member
Joined
1 May 2017
Messages
1,182
Location
Birmingham
Assuming it will likely be out all weekend (barring failure) until at least Monday then it should be on 1V44 on either Saturday or Monday (as all 4 are out at the weekend) but checking again cannot do both.
For the last 4 or 5 weeks it has been diagrammed onto 1V44 on a Monday (but as far as I am aware not the rest of the week to Friday) so has to have been on 1V50 and 1E63 on Sunday as there is only one set starting at Leeds, but it could have been on either of the Leeds workings on Saturday. Unfortunately I have missed it every time but have been on sliding door sets on the a variety of the other days!

please wait till the morning someone can confirm for you. If it goes to Scotland tommrow. Friday you will need another confirmation if it’s not ending in Laira.
 

FQ

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
4 Oct 2013
Messages
6,645
Location
-
XC05 with 43285 and 43304 is allocated for 1S49 0925 Penzance-Dundee today
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top