• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

CrossCountry - Apprentice Train Driver - Recruitment Discussion

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Massen

Member
Joined
22 May 2026
Messages
7
Location
Worcestershire
Might you mean Arriva? In any case, on my Arriva portal, it's always shown as "Under Review", and I'm post-DMI.

As an aside, it's also a really barebones portal, there's no email or correspondence history, I have to rely on my memory and GMail for that haha.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==


Any news mate?
No news yet. Because someone in here who interviewed a month or so before me got their dates last week or the week before, I was hoping I’d get some news relatively soon.
 
Joined
16 Apr 2026
Messages
44
Location
UK
Hi all,
I just received my course start date as being Jan 4th after doing my dmi back in April. In regards to the training course at derby, Kirsty who has taken over from Andy at recruitment mentioned that it would be classroom based jan-april with preplanned holidays throughout. There will then be some sort of break before continuing the last stretch of training down at whatever station you originally applied for. Birmingham New Street applicants will also receive the lodging option too for the training at derby
Has Andy Page left the recruitment team completely?
As per above post from MrPopo
 

Kayle

Member
Joined
15 Sep 2021
Messages
12
Location
Reading
Hi everyone,


I am currently looking into potential opportunities with CrossCountry as a Qualified Train Driver, considering a relocation from the North, and am starting some early research in preparation for future applications and interviews.


I would really appreciate any insight from current or recent XC drivers regarding the Bristol depot and general company terms and conditions. Specifically, I would love to know what shift patterns typically look like, and what the usual earliest start times and latest finishing times are on a standard roster.


I am also curious about how parking works for drivers based at Bristol Temple Meads, especially whether there is dedicated depot parking or an arrangement in place given how busy the station car park gets.


Additionally, how is Rest Day Working availability at the Bristol link, and is it paid at an enhanced rate or a flat rate? Lastly, since Sundays are outside the standard working week for XC, how are they remunerated, and is it a fixed Sunday enhancement or structured differently?


Any general advice or pointers about the depot culture or diagram types would also be massively appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help!

Apologies for hijacking your thread, but maybe someone in the know will see this here.
 

Top