• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

cross country voyager seat E64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

IanXC

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
18 Dec 2009
Messages
6,615
Simple. If a passenger is quite certain of what train they're catching, they go to a ticket office and get a reservation for that train.

Alternatively, if they have a change of plan, they use the Ten Minute Reservation system.

This is why the Ten Minute Reservation system has been enforced, so that passengers are almost guaranteed a seat.

Forgive me for sounding a little blunt, but I absolutely point blank refuse to accept that people have to move all the time because they cannot be bothered to use the TMR service. If they're too lazy to use it, then tough quite frankly, they can stand.

I put it harshly, but it's true I'm sorry.

Putting a ridiculous concept in harsh language doesn't make it true.

So you're saying a commuter needs to obtain 10 Ten Minute Reservations every week? Its just unworkable, people lead busy lives - taken to fruition your argument is making the service reservations mandatory - is that really what you want?

I think we can read more into the fact that no other TOC has introduced such a system, even though they could.

Can I also bear all of your attention to the following email I had from XC:

I think the quality of the grammar in that quote is on about the same level as CrossCountry's policy!
 

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,465
Well, I have never managed to reserve a seat with TMR despite trying it at various times of the day, even when the service is half-empty. I think they need to make it more reliable before making policies on the basis of that system.

CrossCountry have confirmed to me that they would like passengers to "show consideration" to each other, but passengers do not have to play musical chairs if they took an apparently unoccupied seat in good faith. The only TOC that would like passengers to do that AFAIK is FGW, but I know that not all FGW guards support that idea.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top