• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cross Country Retail Service Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leedslad27

Member
Joined
3 Apr 2019
Messages
10
Good morning,

I’ve passed my online assessment & been invited to a group assessment next week & possible interview.

I’m just wondering if anyone as got any tips or experience at this stage & maybe typical questions that maybe asked?

Thanks in advance & good luck to anyone who as also been invited to the next stage.

Thanks
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Joined
8 Jul 2014
Messages
394
Hi,

Group assessment is normally a maths and comprehension test. Might be a timetable test as well. Usually a group discussion afterwards about a particular topic. The maths bit isn’t too hard and in the group discussion all I can say is keep yourself involved the conversation but don’t take over.

The interview is usually just situational questions such as “tell me a time in which....” - nothing too strenuous again, but read up on the company and become an expert in the role and remember - “what else could you do that would add value to the role and the customer experience?”

Good luck :)
 

Railing

New Member
Joined
29 Apr 2019
Messages
1
I was told over phone would be a group excercise then if successful interviews. Did math test online. How long did ur interview take ? I’m working at 1 and interview is at 10 just wondering if I should make an excuse for later start at work.

Thank you

Hi,

Group assessment is normally a maths and comprehension test. Might be a timetable test as well. Usually a group discussion afterwards about a particular topic. The maths bit isn’t too hard and in the group discussion all I can say is keep yourself involved the conversation but don’t take over.

The interview is usually just situational questions such as “tell me a time in which....” - nothing too strenuous again, but read up on the company and become an expert in the role and remember - “what else could you do that would add value to the role and the customer experience?”

Good luck :)
 

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Joined
25 Jul 2011
Messages
7,037
Location
Gloucester
I went to this in January but was unsuccessful after the groupwork. We had to sit in a room and each pick a sheet with a random topic on it (e.g. Brexit, plastic straws etc) and discuss it. We weren't marked for our opinions; we were marked solely on how we interacted.

Just a heads up if you have the same assessment, the group I had were full of very forward applicants and didn't hold back. I couldn't get a word in edgeways. Just go for it, even if you cut someone off, as you only have about a minute or two to discuss each topic. I knew straight away I hadn't made it as I said hardly anything!

Good luck! Where is your assessment?
 

Leedslad27

Member
Joined
3 Apr 2019
Messages
10
Hi,

Group assessment is normally a maths and comprehension test. Might be a timetable test as well. Usually a group discussion afterwards about a particular topic. The maths bit isn’t too hard and in the group discussion all I can say is keep yourself involved the conversation but don’t take over.

The interview is usually just situational questions such as “tell me a time in which....” - nothing too strenuous again, but read up on the company and become an expert in the role and remember - “what else could you do that would add value to the role and the customer experience?”

Good luck :)


Hi

Thanks for your reply & thanks for you other similar post which I had great joy of reading.

I had my assessment yesterday and was successful to interview stage. Personally thought it went well I await to hear if I have been successful for the role.


Thanks again for taking your time to reply & all other posts on here.
 
Joined
8 Jul 2014
Messages
394
Well done for getting to interview stage!

Fingers crossed for you - please let us know if you’re successful :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top