• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Crewe to Glasgow (and return) 11 & 12 May

Status
Not open for further replies.

50002Superb

Established Member
Joined
18 Aug 2021
Messages
2,111
Location
Nottingham
Afternoon,

I have booked advance tickets from Crewe to Glasgow Central on 11 May, returning back on 12 May at 17.30pm.

I understand that 12 May is now a strike day so have two questions

1. How do I know if the 17.30 is still running?
2. ScotRail is not listed as a TOC effected by the strike on 12 May. Is that correct?

Given that I’ve also spent £120 on hotels on 11 May I don’t really want to cancel our trip.

I live in Long Eaton and had planned to drive to / from Crewe. However if the 17.30pm is no longer an option then I’m considering flying back but will then have to deal with my car being in Crewe(!), anyone have any suggestions if the 17.30 is a no go?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

30907

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Sep 2012
Messages
21,972
Location
Airedale
Afternoon,

I have booked advance tickets from Crewe to Glasgow Central on 11 May, returning back on 12 May at 17.30pm.

I understand that 12 May is now a strike day so have two questions

1. How do I know if the 17.30 is still running?
You wait for the strike day timetable to be published, which will be a few days yet.
The Avanti website says they do not expect to run any trains on 12th and the impact on 13th is uncertain.
(Which makes the option of delaying your return, which will surely be offered, rather more difficult.)
 

50002Superb

Established Member
Joined
18 Aug 2021
Messages
2,111
Location
Nottingham
Ah right ok. Any idea how long the wait will be?

Coming back on the 13th isn’t really an option unfortunately
 

30907

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Sep 2012
Messages
21,972
Location
Airedale
Ah right ok. Any idea how long the wait will be?

Coming back on the 13th isn’t really an option unfortunately
In which case I would assume that Avanti are right.
Neither TPE nor LNER have been so definite yet, but I doubt that will be much help.
 

50002Superb

Established Member
Joined
18 Aug 2021
Messages
2,111
Location
Nottingham
So finally had yesterday that all trains on the 12th were cancelled via Avanti albeit Trainline still advertising services this morning.

Booked an EasyJet flight from Glasgow on the 13th instead at £24 each into Birmingham International.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top