• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Crewe to Bristol Parkway - best splits ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

martinsh

Established Member
Joined
27 Jan 2011
Messages
1,766
Location
Considering a move to Memphis
I need to travel from Crewe to Bristol Parkway next Tuesday (April 24th), arriving about 12. Standard fare is £59.40 "offpeak return". I've managed to reduce that to £49.80 by Crewe - Leominster day return (£21.20) plus Leominster - Parkway day return (£28.60) [ depart Crewe 0906, arrive Parkway 1159 ]

Can anyone do better than that ? I don't want to restrict myself to particular trains, as I don't know when I'll be coming back ( probably sometime between 4 and 6)

PS I don't have a railcard.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sonic2009

Established Member
Joined
19 Jan 2010
Messages
5,048
Location
Crewe
Purchase online at London Midland and book these tickets, London Midland have a sale at the moment so 50% off on fares set by them.

Crewe - Telford Central Off Peak Return Route Any Permitted (stop short at Shrewsbury) £8.99

Wellington (Shropshire) - Cwmbran Route SHREWSBURY (start late at Shrewsbury)
£13.19

Cwmbran - Bristol Parkway Off Peak Day Return Route Any Permitted
£12.50

The fares i have quoted are only available online. And valid at the time you wish to travel on the 0908 from Crewe.

Total cost : £34.68
 

martinsh

Established Member
Joined
27 Jan 2011
Messages
1,766
Location
Considering a move to Memphis
Just to say I managed to do this without any problems. Maybe because tickets were only checked twice all day ! Between Newport & PArkway on way out, and near Leopminster on way back [ when technically I didn't have to produce it, as the request was "tickets from Hereford" ]
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top