• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Crewe Electric locos

Class47339

Member
Joined
1 Jul 2026
Messages
16
Location
Marton in Cleveland
Does anybody know please when passing Crewe Electric by train if any of the following locos are visable 67009,92004,92008,92017,92037.they seem to shunt locos there once in a while and i need to see these locos for sight.
Peter Nardone
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

50002Superb

Established Member
Joined
18 Aug 2021
Messages
2,124
Location
Nottingham
Does anybody know please when passing Crewe Electric by train if any of the following locos are visable 67009,92004,92008,92017,92037.they seem to shunt locos there once in a while and i need to see these locos for sight.
Peter Nardone
I think they are all at the Chester end, at least they were last time I went, which is pretty difficult to view from any public place.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

I recommend searching each number on Flickr by “Date Taken” to get a good idea of where each one is situated
 

Robin Edwards

Member
Joined
1 Dec 2013
Messages
706
I can't say I've seen any of those listed visible from the running line to Chester although things do change and as said, keep an eye on Flickr would be my recommendation too
 

800001

Established Member
Joined
24 Oct 2015
Messages
7,385
You would hope now that DB are exporting a lot of 90s abroad, that locos maybe moved around at the depot and become more visible.
 

50002Superb

Established Member
Joined
18 Aug 2021
Messages
2,124
Location
Nottingham
I can't say I've seen any of those listed visible from the running line to Chester although things do change and as said, keep an eye on Flickr would be my recommendation too
Yeah you won’t see them from a passing train unless they’ve been moved

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

You would hope now that DB are exporting a lot of 90s abroad, that locos maybe moved around at the depot and become more visible.
Yeah this is what I’m hoping!
 

fadster

Member
Joined
28 Aug 2014
Messages
35
Does anybody know please when passing Crewe Electric by train if any of the following locos are visable 67009,92004,92008,92017,92037.they seem to shunt locos there once in a while and i need to see these locos for sight
Try typing Crewe Electric Depot in YouTube search bar and you should find a drone fly over from Jan 26 that lists the location at that time of most of the 92's and 67009. Obviously they may have been moved around but I'd expect the 67 and 92's at the country end not to have moved. Maybe wait a bit for the leaves to drop off the trees and have a go from the road side as well as passing on a train. Google Street view will also help.
Cheers, Fadster.
 

6Gman

Established Member
Joined
1 May 2012
Messages
9,224
Try typing Crewe Electric Depot in YouTube search bar and you should find a drone fly over from Jan 26 that lists the location at that time of most of the 92's and 67009. Obviously they may have been moved around but I'd expect the 67 and 92's at the country end not to have moved. Maybe wait a bit for the leaves to drop off the trees and have a go from the road side as well as passing on a train. Google Street view will also help.
Cheers, Fadster.
The adjacent BMX track can sometimes offer views of parts of that end of the depot, but you'll definitely be best waiting for the leaves to drop!
 

Robin Edwards

Member
Joined
1 Dec 2013
Messages
706
I don't think 67009 (EWS verdigris green!) or 92037 have moved in a long time and both are at the rear of the IEMD shed at Crewe. 92004/08/17 are stabled in the line closest to the trees afaik and harder to see.
 

Top