LSL have applied to Crewe Council to demolish part of the existing Crewe Diesel Depot, and replace / rebuild on the same site with a larger structure.
Crewe Planning Portal
The above link will take you to the appropriate planning portal. Search on application reference 22/2307N
The plan is to demolish the existing 132m2 loco storage unit, and replace it with a new larger one (617m2).
Personally I think there is absolutely nothing of architectural or historical merit about the existing buildings, and if the new building helps keep more railway vehicles away from the elements then I'm all in favour of it.
Crewe Planning Portal
The above link will take you to the appropriate planning portal. Search on application reference 22/2307N
The plan is to demolish the existing 132m2 loco storage unit, and replace it with a new larger one (617m2).
Personally I think there is absolutely nothing of architectural or historical merit about the existing buildings, and if the new building helps keep more railway vehicles away from the elements then I'm all in favour of it.