WhichRailWay
Member
- Joined
- 10 Jan 2010
- Messages
- 12
I'm looking for advice on cheapest routings for travel on South Eastern to Sevenoaks/Dunton Green.
I need to do these journeys over the next few days:
Day 1 (Friday - around 1pm): London Charing Cross to Dunton Green
Day 2 (Saturday): Dunton to Charing Cross
Day 2 (Saturday): Charing Cross to Sevenoaks
Day 3 (Sunday): Dunton to Charing Cross
It's worth noting that Sevenoaks is straight after Dunton Green. I'm going to Sevenoaks on Saturday because it's last train near to the area I'll be in.
There will be two people traveling each journey, both covered by a disabled rail card. Looking on the train websites all I can see are day return tickets - am I just stuck with these?
So at the moment it looks like:
Day 1: £11.10 (2 adults, off-peak return, cheaper than single)
Day 2: £12.40 (2 adults, off-peak return to Sevenoaks - will get on at Dunton)
Day 3: £11.10 (2 adults, another off-peak return)
Total: £34.60 for 2 adults over three days.
Can I get it any cheaper? Any creative routings I can buy tickets for? Or one ticket I can buy to cover the whole weekend? If it helps I have a bit of credit on my Oyster card so I can use that too.
Thanks!
I need to do these journeys over the next few days:
Day 1 (Friday - around 1pm): London Charing Cross to Dunton Green
Day 2 (Saturday): Dunton to Charing Cross
Day 2 (Saturday): Charing Cross to Sevenoaks
Day 3 (Sunday): Dunton to Charing Cross
It's worth noting that Sevenoaks is straight after Dunton Green. I'm going to Sevenoaks on Saturday because it's last train near to the area I'll be in.
There will be two people traveling each journey, both covered by a disabled rail card. Looking on the train websites all I can see are day return tickets - am I just stuck with these?
So at the moment it looks like:
Day 1: £11.10 (2 adults, off-peak return, cheaper than single)
Day 2: £12.40 (2 adults, off-peak return to Sevenoaks - will get on at Dunton)
Day 3: £11.10 (2 adults, another off-peak return)
Total: £34.60 for 2 adults over three days.
Can I get it any cheaper? Any creative routings I can buy tickets for? Or one ticket I can buy to cover the whole weekend? If it helps I have a bit of credit on my Oyster card so I can use that too.
Thanks!