Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!
Bit of an odd one but so far I’ve noticed at Edinburgh Waverley and Glasgow Central, their main tannoy speakers crackle and pop. Is this electrical interference or an anti pigeon measure?
Bit of an odd one but so far I’ve noticed at Edinburgh Waverley and Glasgow Central, their main tannoy speakers crackle and pop. Is this electrical interference or an anti pigeon measure?
Can't say I've noticed it at Edinburgh Waverley but the speakers at the entrance to Glasgow Central platforms 9 and 10 have been crackly for months, even if it is deliberate it's quite annoying.
I was at Stansted Airport station on Friday- the speakers there have an annoying rhythmic noise. Quickly worked out that it must be interference from the circuit that synchronises the clocks, as it was at exactly 60bpm.
Crackly speakers are most likely caused by a slightly loose connection in or close to the affected speaker(s). The loose connection is vibrated by the speaker being used, causing brief interruptions to the signal going into the speaker(s). Other causes are damaged speaker cones or the like.
We are aware of an issue with emails from the Forum to Microsoft-based email accounts (hotmail/outlook/live.com email addresses). This is being looked into currently, thanks for your patience meanwhile.