Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!
It's my opinion. Some Governments aren't really keen to open up again, so I don't see it being a free for all travel wise for a few years. Some countries will move on quickly, some already have, but we still have other countries mandating vaccines AND testing and some still wanting quarentine even with both and some not even opening up to anyone regardless of their status. We are a long way off 2019 normality.
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
Wearing a mask hasn't ruined my holiday one bit and it's the least of my worries. I'd rather wear one and get away and see something new than sit in the UK. Spain is completely normal, crowds, restaurants, venues etc...just with a mask. It's a tiny price to pay to enjoy myself again.
Actual checking of covid paperwork on Eurostar seems to have got very lax. Rotterdam-London last week the border officers didn't ask to see it in either direction and even the Eurostar staff only checked if I had it on the way.
You need to get a cheating/fake mask! I had 5 imported from the USA and have 2 going spare; I'm selling them at no more than the cost price (£10) to anyone who wants one who turns up at a forum meet over the next few weeks. They are very comfortable and breathable and are purely for box ticking purposes. If anyone wants one send me a message.
Providing the place is well worth visiting, mask rules won't stop me going abroad.
You need to get a cheating/fake mask! I had 5 imported from the USA and have 2 going spare; I'm selling them at no more than the cost price (£10) to anyone who wants one who turns up at a forum meet over the next few weeks. They are very comfortable and breathable and are purely for box ticking purposes. If anyone wants one send me a message.
You can't be serious? You'd rather spend more money on a fake mask than an actual mask? Given your hysterical hatred of masks I genuinely don't know if you would go to these lengths. If so, I feel incredibly sorry for you.
You can't be serious? You'd rather spend more money on a fake mask than an actual mask? Given your hysterical hatred of masks I genuinely don't know if you would go to these lengths. If so, I feel incredibly sorry for you.
Are you talking about the 5p disposible masks? Then a) They are terrible for the environment, and these aren't as they are reusable, and b) They are much more breathable, and the extra financial cost is worth that to some.
If you are talking about FFP2 masks, then a one-use version is around £2 from boots, so that tenner is gone in less than a week of being out and about if you are using these.
I guess I’d be as incredulous from the other perspective. If someone finds wearing a mask uncomfortable, it would be bizarre if they wouldn’t spend £10 to have a far better experience.
Anywhere that accepts the use of ineffective cloth masks is inviting the use of these as people seek to minimally comply with the requirement. And as mask advocates always remind us, even these ‘fake’ masks help a bit, and anything is better than nothing, since large droplets can’t fit through them
Me too, I have a wife who has asthma and finds wearing a mask difficult, and a nearly 6 year old child who under no circumstances will I be expecting to wear a mask. As most airlines and other countries are nowhere near as liberal as us regarding exemptions and 6 is generally the age to enforce them abroad it’s UK holidays for us for the time being. We can’t be the only ones in this situation so until the masks go I can’t see international travel ever reaching 2019 levels.
As for the USA, the stories of families being kicked off a flight for ‘non compliance’ because their 2 year old toddler won’t wear a mask for hours on end make me feel sick to the stomach. Utter insanity.
Me too, I have a wife who has asthma and finds wearing a mask difficult, and a nearly 6 year old child who under no circumstances will I be expecting to wear a mask. As most airlines and other countries are nowhere near as liberal as us regarding exemptions and 6 is generally the age to enforce them abroad it’s UK holidays for us for the time being. We can’t be the only ones in this situation so until the masks go I can’t see international travel ever reaching 2019 levels.
As for the USA, the stories of families being kicked off a flight for ‘non compliance’ because their 2 year old toddler won’t wear a mask for hours on end make me feel sick to the stomach. Utter insanity.
If anyone plans to go to Disneyland in California with a small child....... The State of California strongly recommends that all Guests be fully vaccinated or obtain a negative COVID-19 test prior to entering the Disneyland Resort. All Guests (ages 2 and up) must wear face coverings when indoors, including on many attractions and in enclosed transportation vehicles, regardless of vaccination status.
But that's not a normal holiday! I went away last year and didn't enjoy Germany (a place I usually love) due to all the mask wearing and silly restrictions.
But that's not a normal holiday! I went away last year and didn't enjoy Germany (a place I usually love) due to all the mask wearing and silly restrictions.
I did all the things I'd have done on a holiday had I come here in 2019...I just had a mask on. I am really failing to see the confusion. I'm not saying the mask is normal, in saying It had absolutely no affect on my holiday whatsoever. Mask mandates would never in a million years deter me from going somewhere. Their country, thier rules.
I did all the things I'd have done on a holiday had I come here in 2019...I just had a mask on. I am really failing to see the confusion. I'm not saying the mask is normal, in saying It had absolutely no affect on my holiday whatsoever. Mask mandates would never in a million years deter me from going somewhere. Their country, thier rules.
Cloth masks are ineffective anyway; I refer you to existing threads where the effectiveness of different mask types has been discussed as it's not relevant to this thread.
If nothing else, travelling by plane is likely to require a mask - literally any kind of mask - for a few months at least, and if we need to tick that box, we may as well do so comfortably.
Cloth masks are ineffective anyway; I refer you to existing threads where the effectiveness of different mask types has been discussed as it's not relevant to this thread.
If nothing else, travelling by plane is likely to require a mask - literally any kind of mask - for a few months at least, and if we need to tick that box, we may as well do so comfortably.
Because some countries and/or airlines require it; it's not done voluntarily!
You could buy 10 of those in any high Street shop for a fraction of the price and it would be an identical product to the one you've shipped in from the USA, most likely made in the same factory in Taiwan, that's why I feel sorry for you.
I did all the things I'd have done on a holiday had I come here in 2019...I just had a mask on. I am really failing to see the confusion. I'm not saying the mask is normal, in saying It had absolutely no affect on my holiday whatsoever. Mask mandates would never in a million years deter me from going somewhere. Their country, thier rules.
Cloth masks are ineffective anyway; I refer you to existing threads where the effectiveness of different mask types has been discussed as it's not relevant to this thread.
If nothing else, travelling by plane is likely to require a mask - literally any kind of mask - for a few months at least, and if we need to tick that box, we may as well do so comfortably.
Because some countries and/or airlines require it; it's not done voluntarily!
So California (and others) are removing all mask mandates from Feb 11th, so we will have the situation that in the UK no Mask needed, On the plane, where everyone is Covid Free, due to having a test in the previous 24 hours, Mask Mandatory, then arrive in the U.S where although numbers still quite high.....no mask needed again !
(although L.A. County has now said they will keep the mask wearing rule in place)
Triple-vaccinated; I take it having actually had Covid doesn't count as the 'third dose'?
Is there any actual benefit of having the booster if you've had two jabs and, subsequently, actual Covid, besides opening up access to countries with more cautious attitudes? Genuinely asking, I haven't had the booster yet because I'm assuming the natural immunity from actually having had the illness will be at least equivalent, and probably better - but I'm not completely sure whether this is actually the case.
Is there any actual benefit of having the booster if you've had two jabs and, subsequently, actual Covid, besides opening up access to countries with more cautious attitudes? Genuinely asking, I haven't had the booster yet because I'm assuming the natural immunity from actually having had the illness will be at least equivalent, and probably better - but I'm not completely sure whether this is actually the case.
Triple-vaccinated; I take it having actually had Covid doesn't count as the 'third dose'?
Is there any actual benefit of having the booster if you've had two jabs and, subsequently, actual Covid, besides opening up access to countries with more cautious attitudes? Genuinely asking, I haven't had the booster yet because I'm assuming the natural immunity from actually having had the illness will be at least equivalent, and probably better - but I'm not completely sure whether this is actually the case.
FCDO travel advice for France. Includes safety and security, insurance, entry requirements and legal differences.
www.gov.uk
From 12 February 2022, fully vaccinated (see ‘Vaccination status’ below) travellers from the UK no longer need to present a negative PCR or antigen test result before travel.
Fully vaccinated travellers aged 12 and over must continue to provide:
Proof of vaccination. Further details on what counts as being fully vaccinated can be found below
A sworn statement (déclaration sur l’honneur) self-certifying you’re not suffering from COVID-19 symptoms and haven’t been in contact with confirmed cases in the 14 days prior to travel.
We are aware of an issue with emails from the Forum to Microsoft-based email accounts (hotmail/outlook/live.com email addresses). This is being looked into currently, thanks for your patience meanwhile.