• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Coventry to London via Oxford

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomJ93

Member
Joined
24 Apr 2010
Messages
865
For this Tuesday, I want to do XC to Oxford and change onto a HST bound for Paddington. Outbound only I need to arrive by 1pm. Full fare ticket, could I also be given 1st fares for my HST journey?

Thanks.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,465
I don't understand your question. A First Anytime Return is £215 between Coventry and London Terminals and is valid via Oxford for the itinerary you gave.
 

sonic2009

Established Member
Joined
19 Jan 2010
Messages
5,048
Location
Crewe
bb21 i agree with you also don't understand. Outbound Only? Does this mean single?
 

wintonian

Established Member
Joined
15 Jan 2010
Messages
4,889
Location
Hampshire
A Coventry to Oxford FOS is £58 and a Oxford to London FDS is £47 = £105 for the singles.
 

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,463
Location
Yorkshire
For this Tuesday, I want to do XC to Oxford and change onto a HST bound for Paddington. Outbound only I need to arrive by 1pm. Full fare ticket, could I also be given 1st fares for my HST journey?

Thanks.
You mean you want a (walk-on) 1st class single? The 1st Anytime Single fare Coventry - Paddington is £107.50. The route is priced by Virgin as they assume you will go via Rugby which attracts a hefty premium. Therefore, try splitting (my usual advice applies ;)) in this case, try somewhere like Banbury.

Coventry - Banbury FDS £22.50
Banbury - London Terminals FDS £65.00
Total £87.50
(FDS = 1st Anytime Day Single)

Other splits may be cheaper, usual advice on how to find them applies :)
 

TomJ93

Member
Joined
24 Apr 2010
Messages
865
Sorry guys. I mean an advance single if possible, as long as the train arrives before 1pm.

Am planning to go standard the length of the journey but If a first advanced single is not too much more I'd like to sample FGW 1st :)
 

OwlMan

Established Member
Joined
25 Jun 2008
Messages
3,206
It is cheaper to split at Leamington

Cov - L Spa FDS £9
L Spa - London rte Banbury FOS £75

Peter
 

sonic2009

Established Member
Joined
19 Jan 2010
Messages
5,048
Location
Crewe
Coventry - Bicester North (valid to stop short at Banbury )
FDS Route Any Permitted £18.90

Bicester North - Clapham Junction (valid to start at Banbury)
FDS £32.40 Route Any Permitted +

valid via Reading,London Paddington CS+LONDON+LB also Easment : 700028 Customers travelling from Bicester North to Oxford and beyond, may travel
via Banbury. This easement applies in both directions.

total cost : £51.30
 
Last edited:

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,465
Sorry guys. I mean an advance single if possible, as long as the train arrives before 1pm.

If you're talking Advance fares then I think First Class might be a bit of a luxury. Standard is available from £5 at http://www.mobitix.thetrainline.com/FGW/advancepurchase.aspx for the day in question.

If you have a railcard, a number of departures including 1001, 1031 and 1101 are currently £4.30 on Advance.

There is no First Advance for this flow so you will be looking at walk-on fares with no discount given for Y-P.
 

TomJ93

Member
Joined
24 Apr 2010
Messages
865
Decided to do a 67 from Leamington, the 10:55 for £7.

Thanks for all the help.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top