Planning a return trip from Coventry to Bath leaving around 10-12 on Tuesday 2nd Sep on the outbound and 1700-1730 on Friday 5th on the return.
I think the best ticket option is going to be the super off peak return (not via reading) but my question is about routeing (hence the choice of forum, apologies if this should go in Fares Advice).
Journey times are very comparable between going via Bristol and Birmingham vs Didcot and Oxford so I probably want to choose the route that's less busy.
If possible I would like to go on different routes out and back but not at the cost of a seat on the crosscountry leg!
I was planning to break my journey in Oxford on the way back but if the BHM-BRI leg is going to be really busy I'd rather swap them.
I think the best ticket option is going to be the super off peak return (not via reading) but my question is about routeing (hence the choice of forum, apologies if this should go in Fares Advice).
Journey times are very comparable between going via Bristol and Birmingham vs Didcot and Oxford so I probably want to choose the route that's less busy.
If possible I would like to go on different routes out and back but not at the cost of a seat on the crosscountry leg!
I was planning to break my journey in Oxford on the way back but if the BHM-BRI leg is going to be really busy I'd rather swap them.