• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Coventry Platform 1 at 12:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomJ93

Member
Joined
24 Apr 2010
Messages
865
On Wednesday night at 12:30am I walked across the bridge that spans over the Birmingham facing line of Coventry, I looked over and on Platform One there was a unit with it's lights on, but as far as I know there is no unit booked at that time? Was this just stabled? (I'm fairly sure it was a Desiro)
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

westcoaster

Established Member
Joined
4 Dec 2006
Messages
4,514
Location
DTOS A or B
When you say with lights on do you mean headlights, or internal lights?

If it is headlights then it might have been shunting or if left on the running line then the markers might have been left on because of this, if it was internal light I know some toc's leave them on all night.

Just looked and there is a 00:15 arrival that terminates, so it might have been heading to cov sidings.
 

TomJ93

Member
Joined
24 Apr 2010
Messages
865
Sidings looked full and all the signals upon the approach were red.

Only saw the red externals, as if it were setting down then heading to Rugby, but it didn't look like ithad/was going to move for a while.
 

Scud

Member
Joined
7 Jan 2011
Messages
49
Location
Worcestershire / West Mids
A late reply as I've only just joined & probably of no interest now, but I had to put my first post somewhere :)
The 00:15 arrival from Birmingham (2C37) stables in the station to work 5I02 0555 to B'ham Inter the next day during weekdays. Four other Desiros stable in Coventry Yard.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top