• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Couple of metrolink questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chapeltom

Established Member
Joined
23 Feb 2010
Messages
1,316
Location
Tainan, Taiwan.
Hi all.

I've used the Metrolink on a few occasions but not a regular user by any means.

I've got a comp for the Rugby League at Salford City Reds and intend to get into Manchester arriving about 5pm ish, have a drink and go onwards from there. I'm coming into Manchester Piccadilly station but will probably travel from Piccadilly Gardens. Can I use buy a Weaste return and use it back to Piccadilly? Or should I just go downstairs at Manchester Picc and buy a return from Piccadilly?

Another question, rugby will end at 2145 I think and I intend to get either the 2228 to Chinley or 2310 out of Manchester to Chapel en le Frith, anyone know how long the tram journey is from Weaste to Piccadilly? I'd probably rather get the 2310 out of Manchester, so not of great urgency. Worse possible scenario is a quick beer in the Manchester and County... :lol:

Tom
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

323235

Established Member
Joined
8 Dec 2007
Messages
2,130
Location
North East Cheshire
Traveline says 30 minutes based on the Metrolink working timetable, although i'd be inclined to add 10 minutes onto that for journey time and be giving it about an hour for safety based on the average waiting times i've experienced with maybe an extra +10 thrown inbased on the reliability of the system. The 33 bus is a good option if it goes Pete Tong and as long as theres no major events on can be faster than the Metrostink and you can get a cheap Plusbus to use on it.
 

Chapeltom

Established Member
Joined
23 Feb 2010
Messages
1,316
Location
Tainan, Taiwan.
So I presume the 33 is reliable in the evening then? Don't get me wrong I've caught buses in the evening from places like Oldham back into Manchester but they've been regular enough. There is just one 33 I can get and its at 2206, it will run won't it?

If I do get the 33, I'm best setting off at 1830 from Manchester? To get there for 1915?
 

snail

Established Member
Joined
16 Jun 2011
Messages
1,914
Location
t'North
Ah, hadn't thought about the time of day! I've used the 33 during the day and it's generally ok but you can sometimes be waiting 25 minutes for a bus that runs every 15. That last bus originates at Wigan, dep. 2100 but traffic shouldn't get in the way at that time. There is also another service from the same bus stop, 63 I think.

On second thoughts I think would choose the tram!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top