Could LNER be diverted into Liverpool Street if Welwyn is to ever go ahead for four tracking?
If the line were blocked at Welwyn, I suspect that LNER services would simply be diverted via the Hertford LoopCould LNER be diverted into Liverpool Street if Welwyn is to ever go ahead for four tracking?
If the line were blocked at Welwyn, I suspect that LNER services would simply be diverted via the Hertford Loop
I'm sure after Hatfield derailment & Potters Bar crash, were the line via Welwyn was blocked, LNER went that way
Maybe something to do with the original Hull Trains operation using Anglia 170s.If I've read the supplemental agreement correctly, Hull Trains already have permission to use Liverpool Street, they were granted it at the same time getting permission to use St Pancras https://orrprdpubreg1.blob.core.windows.net/docs/T-18-61-10-01 13th SA Hull Trains Company Ltd.pdf
Where from? None of those is easily accessible from North of the Thames or has capacity for extra trains.Would there be any point in having trains to Cannon St, Victoria and Waterloo? It would, of course, be diesel or bi-mode only.
I expect THarris1303 was thinking of somewhere in London to send trains whilst the (hypothetical) work is under way, rather than a permanent change.And even if it was, I’m not sure what relevance this would be for diverting to Liverpool St?
We could always build a few bays at Finsbury Park and Peterborough
....or just terminate in the through platforms....
Which do not have capacity.
Which do not have capacity.
Which do not have capacity.
They do if trains can't run through them to King's Cross!
I've always thought that the old and largely disused Peterborough depot could be used as extra platforms.
What depot?
The one to the north east of the main station.
Why not? Quick drop off on down platforms, go down and pick up again from up platforms? Or use both up and down platforms for terminating trains - as there wouldn’t be any southbound trains to accommodateWhich do not have capacity.
You do realise you have to build platforms and that it’s not largely disused
All I've seen are 3 or 4 roads out of a dozen or so in use.
Why not? Quick drop off on down platforms, go down and pick up again from up platforms? Or use both up and down platforms for terminating trains - as there wouldn’t be any southbound trains to accommodate
Would there be any point in having trains to Cannon St, Victoria and Waterloo? It would, of course, be diesel or bi-mode only.
Why not? Quick drop off on down platforms, go down and pick up again from up platforms? Or use both up and down platforms for terminating trains - as there wouldn’t be any southbound trains to accommodate
Sorry, but this doesn't make sense. Where are we talking about? And what function is it being asked to perform?
In a word, no.
In a few more words, of course not. How would that work and what would be the point?