• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Could another Greatest Gathering event be on the way?

TFT YouTube

Member
Joined
2 Feb 2025
Messages
194
Location
Salisbury
While scouring the Internet for various facts about the railway, I had spotted something which was quick to catch my attention. A facebook page on Google search listings titled "The Greatest Gathering | Crewe"
Screenshot_20261006_140912_Google.jpg

While some would argue it's just a glitch, it is not. By simply typing "The Greatest Gathering facebook" into google, me and others had found the same result.

Additionally, the facebook page address had changed. Formerly being at Litchurch Lane it has now moved to the address of Crewe Station.
Screenshot_20261006_141022_Chrome.jpg

So, could we be in for another Greatest Gathering style event?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

A S Leib

Established Member
Joined
9 Sep 2018
Messages
3,406
If there is another one, I'd doubt it would be on the same scale. I'd also be surprised if there's another before the Liverpool and Manchester Railway's bicentenary, especially given the location.
 

Adam Williams

Established Member
Joined
2 Jan 2018
Messages
3,616
Location
Warks
Isn't that address just the administrative location for the Railway Benefit Fund? Do they run the Facebook page?

I think perhaps two and two have been put together to get 5.
 

6Gman

Established Member
Joined
1 May 2012
Messages
9,231
Isn't that address just the administrative location for the Railway Benefit Fund? Do they run the Facebook page?
Yes, I think it's just an admin "tidy-up". They closed their merchandise site last week so I think it's pretty much shut up shop.
 

Trainlog

Member
Joined
16 Aug 2022
Messages
572
Location
Maidstone
An event on the scale of the Greatest Gathering so soon after the actual event is highly unlikely.

However, I would welcome something on the scale of Old Oak Common 111 again.
 

Cymroglan

Member
Joined
2 Jul 2011
Messages
190
I must say that I enjoyed the Great Gathering (of Gresley’s A4s) at York in 2013. It was a terrific event, and no, I’m not about to suggest a restaging of that event! However a similar event with the locos of one design or indeed some other theme might be more viable than a new Greatest Gathering?
 

Bevan Price

Established Member
Joined
22 Apr 2010
Messages
8,349
An event on the scale of the Greatest Gathering so soon after the actual event is highly unlikely.

However, I would welcome something on the scale of Old Oak Common 111 again.
Perrhaps they are thinking ahead for 2030. The locations used for the "Rainhill 150" event in 1980 (parades & gathering) are no longer available
 
Joined
28 Oct 2017
Messages
254
Plans certainly exist for 2029/2030 under the banner "Rocket: All Aboard". I have read somewhere recently that a number of the team behind The Greatest Gathering are exploring an event at Crewe as part of that.
 

Top