ChewChewTrain
Member
- Joined
- 27 Jun 2019
- Messages
- 355
As above, really. If a settlement offer is accepted and the amount paid, are the TOC then no longer able to prosecute for the offence(s) “covered” by the settlement? Does that still hold if the TOC subsequently discover additional aggravating factors (but not any new offences)?
I suppose that in practice, a TOC probably wouldn’t want to risk such an action for fear of negative press. But I was just wondering whether anything would stop them in law. I’d have thought that without them entering into some kind of contract, the payment of a settlement wouldn’t legally bind them in any way, but I could be spectacularly wrong about that.
I suppose that in practice, a TOC probably wouldn’t want to risk such an action for fear of negative press. But I was just wondering whether anything would stop them in law. I’d have thought that without them entering into some kind of contract, the payment of a settlement wouldn’t legally bind them in any way, but I could be spectacularly wrong about that.