RichmondCommu
Established Member
G'day everyone,
Our 18 year old twins and two of their freinds are planning to travel through Europe this summer and much to my delight they are going to use the train. They are also planning to travel overnight where possible and on their behalf I'm interested to know whether there are services still running with Couchettes.
In order to narrow things down a bit they are planning to spend time in France, Spain, Germany and Italy. As they are financing the trip themselves, it will be 2nd class travel all the way however if security is not so good on over night trains I'd be prepared to pay for 1st class couchettes which from memory are four beds rather than six. I'd be delighted to hear from anyone who has recent experience of using couchettes.
Thanks in advance,
Richmind Commuter
Our 18 year old twins and two of their freinds are planning to travel through Europe this summer and much to my delight they are going to use the train. They are also planning to travel overnight where possible and on their behalf I'm interested to know whether there are services still running with Couchettes.
In order to narrow things down a bit they are planning to spend time in France, Spain, Germany and Italy. As they are financing the trip themselves, it will be 2nd class travel all the way however if security is not so good on over night trains I'd be prepared to pay for 1st class couchettes which from memory are four beds rather than six. I'd be delighted to hear from anyone who has recent experience of using couchettes.
Thanks in advance,
Richmind Commuter
Last edited: