• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cost of Freddos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

IanD

Established Member
Joined
18 Sep 2011
Messages
2,783
Location
Newport Pagnell
I'm sure they were 2p (or maybe 5p) when I first bought one when they were introduced in the UK around 1973. Inflation, eh, what's it like?
 

Geezertronic

Established Member
Joined
14 Apr 2009
Messages
4,125
Location
Birmingham
I just buy a box from Costco and don't worry about the price :D

I used to work next to the Cadburys Bournville factory and get the train in. The walk from station past the Cadburys factory every day was murder... :D
 

WillPS

Established Member
Joined
18 Nov 2008
Messages
2,431
Location
Nottingham
Bu3My_0IAAAYrdw.png


You have now seen it all.
 

deltic1989

Established Member
Joined
21 Sep 2010
Messages
1,483
Location
Nottingham
Bu3My_0IAAAYrdw.png


You have now seen it all.

In what part of the country is that? It must be a pretty rough area for Tesco's to feel that they need to protect the Freddo's like that.
When I was a child, Freddo's went for around 10p. There was also another bar in the shape of Taz from the Looney Tunes cartoons, filled with caramel that went for 15p. So when I went to the corner shop with my £1 weekly pocket money, I was set up.
Nowadays, the Taz has gone and been replaced with the Freddo Caramel.
Freddo's are my daughter's favorites, so it is fortunate that my local branch of Morrison's regularly has offers where they are 5 for £1.
I have noticed other things increasing in price as well, for example Walkers Crisps. When I was a kid (I'm talking 1993 - 1997 ish) they were 20 - 27p, now when I go to buy a single packet, they are 60 - 75p.
However Morrison's came to the rescue again a couple of days ago with a box of 32 packs for £3, which amounts to a fraction over 10p per pack which is a bit more like it. :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top