• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cost effective fair Didcot Parkway to Paddington.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BML

Member
Joined
6 Aug 2011
Messages
23
It some years since I travelled by rail. In fact a little over 30 years when I stopped commuting from Didcot Parkway to Paddington and when I did look at using rail again I found it so expensive that I went by bus.

I'm now considering taking my wife on the Night Train from London to Scotland and back and am looking for some information. The last time I attempted that task my deafness made it impossible for me to communicate with the place where one asked questions in those days at Didcot so I gave up.

I would like to know if its possible to book a ticket that will take me from Didcot Parkway to Paddington and from there across London by underground to where ever one catches the night sleepper to Scotland and if so at what email address may I ask that question?

Many thanks in anticipation.
Brian L
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Joined
29 May 2011
Messages
23,389
I would like to know if its possible to book a ticket that will take me from Didcot Parkway to Paddington and from there across London by underground to where ever one catches the night sleepper to Scotland
An off-peak return from Didcot Parkway to London Paddington is £32.60, before any potential railcard discounts.

This allows a journey after 0927 from Didcot Parkway, and after 0930 from Paddington in the westbound direction. An afternoon restriction applies from Paddington between 1600 and 1900.

From Paddington, it is most cost effective to use the 205 bus which will take you to Euston for £1.65 (£1.75 from March), paying by Contactless Card.

Buying separate tickets to travel to London and then for transit to Euston is slightly more cost effective than the off-peak return ticket from Didcot Parkway to 'Zone U1 London' which is £38.60 - ie £3 for the underground journey.

Paying by Contactless Card, the underground journey is currently £2.50 each way.
 

Haywain

Veteran Member
Joined
3 Feb 2013
Messages
24,825
It some years since I travelled by rail. In fact a little over 30 years when I stopped commuting from Didcot Parkway to Paddington and when I did look at using rail again I found it so expensive that I went by bus.

I'm now considering taking my wife on the Night Train from London to Scotland and back and am looking for some information. The last time I attempted that task my deafness made it impossible for me to communicate with the place where one asked questions in those days at Didcot so I gave up.

I would like to know if its possible to book a ticket that will take me from Didcot Parkway to Paddington and from there across London by underground to where ever one catches the night sleepper to Scotland and if so at what email address may I ask that question?

Many thanks in anticipation.
Brian L
You asked detailed questions about this in 2021, and asked an almost identical question to this in January 2022. Detailed answers were given in both cases and nothing will have changed other than the fares. You can find your previous threads here and here.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top