• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Correct process to follow - unable to buy at origin

Status
Not open for further replies.

philthetube

Established Member
Joined
5 Jan 2016
Messages
4,195
On a slightly different subject. I recently had need to get to Bedford at very short notice. I therefore went to Flitwick T/O to purchase my Priv, Finding it closed? at 1300hrs I had no option but to buy a full price ticket from the TVM. When I got to Bedford I mentioned this to person on the gateline. He said "Go to the Ticket Office they can sort it2 This I did, The Booking Clerk said "No problem" and refunded the difference there and then. GTR did SOMETHING right for a change.

In those circumstances I take a photo of the office and pay at the other end. I have never needed to show a photo but I feel more comfortable.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,469
There are specific instructions that Priv facility holders are not penalised if the only opportunity were a TVM, and allowed to purchase at the next reasonable opportunity.
 

philthetube

Established Member
Joined
5 Jan 2016
Messages
4,195
It wouldn't surprise me if in the future all priv tickets were required to be purchased on smart cards, this would save a lot of issues and would be easy to police.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top