bramling
Veteran Member
I'm quite sure Johnson and the rest of the government know they have been fatally wounded by all of this.
There's just no way they're going to be able to stand for election off the back of it. I am pretty sure sometime this parliament Jonson will step down. Probably citing health following his run in with the virus, if I had to guess.
Everything he set out his stall as wanting to achieve at the election is now basically unachievable and the economy is tanked.
Short of them happening upon some miraculous, painless recovery, which is unlikely, I think they know it's over and they've got this term only.
Completely agree, and on top of that it’s almost inevitable there will be review after review pointing out where errors have been made. Johnson is damaged goods, and he knows it.
It doesn’t help that Johnson was elected largely on a “least worst” basis. Perhaps the more interesting question is what will become of Sunak - could he be regarded as fresh blood, or is he going to be tainted with blame for some of the economic damage?