• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Conwy Valley Voyager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russel

Established Member
Joined
30 Jun 2022
Messages
5,567
Location
Lichfield
I've seen a post in a group on Social Media about a class 220 making its way down the Conwy Valley in the early 2000s, does anyone have any other info or photos about when and why?

I've done a Flickr search but to no avail.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Russel

Established Member
Joined
30 Jun 2022
Messages
5,567
Location
Lichfield
Check out the link below….


Great thanks, very unusual sight!

I'd forgotten how tidy the Voyagers looked in the VT livery when new.

Can't really see why they went to the effort though, but I suppose while they were in the area gauge checking the rest of the North Wales Coast then why not!
 
Last edited:

Ash Bridge

Established Member
Joined
17 Mar 2014
Messages
4,222
Location
Stockport
Great thanks, very unusual sight!

I'd forgotten how tidy the Voyagers looked in the VT livery when new.

Can't really see why they went to the effort though, but I suppose while they were in the area gauge checking the rest of the North Wales Coast then why not!
Must have been virtually fresh out of the Bombardier plant at Bruges when those photos were shot! And yes, it does make you wonder why they included the Conway Valley in the gauging tests?
 

Russel

Established Member
Joined
30 Jun 2022
Messages
5,567
Location
Lichfield
Pre operation princess I guess a good variety of destinations were planned. ;)

I'm in the minority on here, but I like Voyagers and I also have a soft spot for the Conwy Valley, so I love the idea of a regular Birmingham to Blaenau Ffestiniog Cross Country service!

What may have been... If only... :lol:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top