• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Contactless at Luton Parkway and more

Status
Not open for further replies.

hkstudent

Established Member
Joined
11 Nov 2018
Messages
1,431
Location
SE London
I hope paper tickets will never be phased out.
I don’t know how to resolve this issue.... but I do think there should be more publicity that Contactless, whilst offering convenience, may not be the best value
Even as sophiscated as the Netherlands, there aren't withdrawl of paper ticket (despite it will charge you extra for paper tickets).
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Joined
29 May 2011
Messages
23,392
I hope paper tickets will never be phased out.
I don’t know how to resolve this issue.... but I do think there should be more publicity that Contactless, whilst offering convenience, may not be the best value

Even as sophiscated as the Netherlands, there aren't withdrawl of paper ticket (despite it will charge you extra for paper tickets).

It isn't just a matter of paper tickets remaining available - they could 'harmonise' the fare structure and terms so that paper tickets were always more expensive and break of journey / stopping short was banned. More to the point made by 'Skimpot flyer' is a hope that the current fare structure for paper tickets isn't phased out.

Unfortunately, the phasing out of this structure and adopting something more akin to the Contactless structure is very much on the agenda of RDG and DfT (as we have discussed many times before).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top