Flamingo
Established Member
- Joined
- 26 Apr 2010
- Messages
- 6,806
In all fairness sometimes they are to be found on the station concourse rather than say on the platform.
With regard to your second point they have at least done their best to be pro-active. Once again, please try and remember that their resources are limited.
In Paddington the concourse can be seen from the platforms, and I will be on both at different stages. If there was a visible presence, I would see it, indeed I look out for it as it's useful to know where they are.
I know their resources are limited (as are ours). I still say that they don't use what they have effectively (I don't think any of the other train staff on the site will disagree with me) - and their own Chief Constable said this on taking up position a few years ago.
As regards my second point, it was the near total refusal of traincrew to work those trains that prompted management to pressure BTP to provide the presence, not an independent decision by them to police a known trouble-spot.