• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Connecting at St. Pancras..

Status
Not open for further replies.

ge-gn

Member
Joined
5 Dec 2014
Messages
281
Hi, just wondering how much time I should allow to get to check in at Eurostar having arrived at St. Pancras from Stratford International on a Southeastern service? It'll be me and the Mrs with two young kids (no pushchairs) plus a couple of rucksacks. I don't want to have to rush, but equally I don't want bored children running round the departure lounge! The 0858 departure from St.P for reference. Thanks in advance.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

cactustwirly

Established Member
Joined
10 Apr 2013
Messages
8,424
Location
UK
Hi, just wondering how much time I should allow to get to check in at Eurostar having arrived at St. Pancras from Stratford International on a Southeastern service? It'll be me and the Mrs with two young kids (no pushchairs) plus a couple of rucksacks. I don't want to have to rush, but equally I don't want bored children running round the departure lounge! The 0858 departure from St.P for reference. Thanks in advance.

I believe check-in is 45 minutes before departure on Eurostar, so I would leave a good hour to connect at St Pancras.
 

eastwestdivide

Established Member
Joined
17 Aug 2009
Messages
3,429
Location
S Yorks, usually
With two young kids in tow and a potentially crowded station on arrival (morning rush hour), it could take you a good 10-15 mins just to get from the SE platforms to the Eurostar entrance, especially if you're at the back of the SE service on arrival.
 

robbeech

Established Member
Joined
11 Nov 2015
Messages
4,913
The 0747 from Stratford International ought to be sensible if this is a weekday. The next one would start to be cutting it a little fine if you need 45 minutes for check in.
 

ge-gn

Member
Joined
5 Dec 2014
Messages
281
With two young kids in tow and a potentially crowded station on arrival (morning rush hour), it could take you a good 10-15 mins just to get from the SE platforms to the Eurostar entrance, especially if you're at the back of the SE service on arrival.

Ok, so there's a tip. Get to the front coach of the SE train. Thanks.

Actually it is Saturday morning so I'm assuming it won't be so busy that day. I believe it's a 30minute minimum check in.
 

robbeech

Established Member
Joined
11 Nov 2015
Messages
4,913
There's a slightly different time table i think but something around then will be suitable. Even on a Saturday i would try to get near the front, and wouldn't want to leave it any later.
 

eastwestdivide

Established Member
Joined
17 Aug 2009
Messages
3,429
Location
S Yorks, usually
I'd also suggest that
a) possibly bored children running round the departure lounge for 30 mins (arriving in good time)
is better than
b) definitely bored children running round the departure lounge for an hour or more (missed Eurostar, get staff to fix up new tickets, wait around for the next one).
 

ge-gn

Member
Joined
5 Dec 2014
Messages
281
I'd also suggest that
a) possibly bored children running round the departure lounge for 30 mins (arriving in good time)
is better than
b) definitely bored children running round the departure lounge for an hour or more (missed Eurostar, get staff to fix up new tickets, wait around for the next one).

This is very true! Think I will go option a!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top