Hi all,
Can anyone help me understand the CIV rules please?
I understand that the CIV rules mean that if one leg of a journey is delayed, then you can use later trains for later legs, even if your tickets wouldn't otherwise be valid on later legs (much like how delays work with advanced tickets in the UK). There are a few things I'm not clear on, though:
Thanks
Ian
Can anyone help me understand the CIV rules please?
I understand that the CIV rules mean that if one leg of a journey is delayed, then you can use later trains for later legs, even if your tickets wouldn't otherwise be valid on later legs (much like how delays work with advanced tickets in the UK). There are a few things I'm not clear on, though:
- If travelling from, say, Amsterdam to Zurich, would it be necessary to buy tickets for the whole journey at once, or will buying individual tickets be OK?
- If buying individual tickets is OK, would there be a problem if one ticket was entirely within one country, e.g. Düsseldorf - Frankfurt?
- If buying individual tickets is OK, what are the rules about connection times?
- http://www.stenaline.co.uk/ferry/rail-and-sail/holland/terms-conditions/ says
but I can't quite understand what this is saying. If the ferry is late, would it be treated under CIV the same as if a train had been late?unless the convention of international transport of travellers and their luggage per railway (CIV) is valid
Thanks
Ian