• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Conductor Medical for TFW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon226

New Member
Joined
27 Apr 2019
Messages
2
Can anyone help I’ve just been offered a job as a trainer conductor pending a medical. I’ve read an old rail article stating that the BMI for a conductor must be under 30. Is this correct? I’m an ex rugby player and do a lot of weights so I am muscular. My BMI is currently 30.9. Anyone had any experience of this? I’m physically fit I just don’t want to be rejected on a technicality. Cheers
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GJL9916

Member
Joined
19 Jul 2018
Messages
181
Hi, congrats on the job! Where will you be based at? I’ve just started for TfW as well, I’ll be based at Crewe, I’ve just finished my second week so long way to go still for me!

As for your medical you’ll be fine, there’s conductors of all shapes and sizes, as long as your hearing / eyesight ok & obviously drink / drugs you won’t have any problems!

TfW is a fantastic company, you’re gonna love it! They’ve had us out on the trains already checking & selling tickets - there’s a lot to it though & a lot to learn but all very enjoyable and all the trainers are sound
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top