• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Conductor job Glasgow, application deadline missed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALE6

New Member
Joined
27 Mar 2014
Messages
4
Hi guys!
I'm New to this forum so hopefully someone can help me. I spent about 3hours last night applying for the conductor job that was advertised for Glasgow, and I was going to finish it tonight and send it and it says 'deadline missed'!
The deadline wasn't meant to be until April! They've brought it forward for some reason, I'm gutted! How can they do that?? Is there anything I can do?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jones

Member
Joined
7 Feb 2014
Messages
238
I've learnt the hard way....if you see it, apply for it!

Rail jobs are very sought after, and the companies know this. Harsh but they look like they had enough applicants. It usually says something like:

We retain the right to close the advert before the listed closing date based on application volumes.
 

ALE6

New Member
Joined
27 Mar 2014
Messages
4
Spent so long on the application as well :(
So do you not think there's a point in trying to take it further Jones? Seems so unfair! If I had just sat up for another 10mins last night I could have just sent it away :oops: x
 

hughavinalaf

Member
Joined
19 Feb 2014
Messages
152
Nothing to lose......Ring HR and plead to their better nature...... although I fear it will fall on deaf ears.

Its a case of 'you snooze,you lose' however,even if you're unsuccessful with your plea,there will be a next time so don't be too disheartened.
 

ALE6

New Member
Joined
27 Mar 2014
Messages
4
Will give it a try and keep you all posted! Thanks for the advice guys. Fingers crossed other ones come up :( x
 

Hapless

Member
Joined
15 Jul 2013
Messages
27
Was the FTPE job? System kept crashing on me also, pain in the proverbial. I've sent an email to them through the contact section.

(I was on hold for this position up until about 5 weeks ago, so I'm really ****ed off!)
 
Last edited:

plastictaffy

Member
Joined
18 Nov 2012
Messages
1,104
Location
Unfortunately, Maps has stopped.
I've seen adverts go up on London Midland's website for Conductors with a closing date in 3 weeks time, and the ad has been gone by the end of the week. If it's there and you want it, stay up as late as you need to to get it filled in. The fact of the matter is that TOC's will get many, many times the amount of applicants they actually want. You can set up alerts on a lot of companies' websites to text or e-mail you as soon as the vacancies go live. Keep plugging away, it took me four attempts and 15 years to get a job on the railways. Keep plugging away, it WILL happen if you want it!!
 
Last edited:

ALE6

New Member
Joined
27 Mar 2014
Messages
4
Spoke to HR today, no luck :( They said it was closed early due to high volume of applications!
Yes it was the FTPE job. Gutter :(
Oh well, lesson learned! I'll be quicker next time! Thanks for info/comments guys :wub: x
 

Jydo

Member
Joined
10 Nov 2013
Messages
182
Tbf they did state this on the application, my girlfriend has applied & quickly received an email telling her to do the online assessment which went well, waiting on First to contact her for next stage hopefully.

I did notice that the job was "pulled" from the website so I urged her to get the application in asap......

She doesn't use this forum so will keep you posted on her application
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top