fishball
Member
Hello, I was travelling on an Off Peak Return ticket from Manchester to Stansted, and having chosen to take the return trip through London, I was wondering what my options for delay repay are.
My Avanti train ended up being more than 1 hour late, but I understand that delay repay is calculated through the next fastest available route, which would have involved going from Stansted to Ely, and changing onto the EMR train to Manchester.
However, there was no way I could have known that this would end up being quicker, as I was only aware of the delay to the Avanti train after arriving in London. May I know how the claim would work in this case, as the possible routes are in completely opposite directions? The ticket itself did not have any route or operator restrictions.
Many thanks.
My Avanti train ended up being more than 1 hour late, but I understand that delay repay is calculated through the next fastest available route, which would have involved going from Stansted to Ely, and changing onto the EMR train to Manchester.
However, there was no way I could have known that this would end up being quicker, as I was only aware of the delay to the Avanti train after arriving in London. May I know how the claim would work in this case, as the possible routes are in completely opposite directions? The ticket itself did not have any route or operator restrictions.
Many thanks.
