• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Competition 323 :: Fastline, Colas and Advenza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordy

Established Member
Joined
9 Jun 2005
Messages
8,466
Location
WCML South
http://www.railforums.org.uk/gallery

This weeks theme is Fastline, Colas and Advenza. One or more of the following conditions must be fulfilled

-The train is operated by Fastline, Colas or Advenza
-The loco (or tamper) is in Fastline, Colas or Advenza livery

Any questions, please ask

Cheers

Jordy
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ladysue

Member
Joined
9 Jan 2009
Messages
106
Location
Essex
Is Cotswald rail included in this as I understand they are the same company?
 

Buffer68

Member
Joined
3 Jun 2009
Messages
272
Location
Bournemouth
Hi guys,
I have been doing some research into this weeks subject and wonder whether I am likely to see these liveries in Dorset which is where I live. If not, where is my nearest location. Thanks.
 
Last edited:

mumrar

Established Member
Joined
26 Sep 2008
Messages
2,650
Location
Redditch
But isn't cotswold Advenza? So if I photted a CR 47 it's actually Advenza's just in a CR Livery

:|
Advenza have always been the parent company of Cotswold, but for unknown reasons (maybe poor reputation) they started operating as Advenza. I'm sure this doesn't help more confuse the issue of entries this week
 

Jordy

Established Member
Joined
9 Jun 2005
Messages
8,466
Location
WCML South
One or more of the following conditions must be fulfilled

-The train is operated by Fastline, Colas or Advenza
-The loco (or tamper) is in Fastline, Colas or Advenza livery

Just stick to those rules, they state Advenza not Cotswold

First Group is the Parent Company of TPE, doesn't mean FGW would be allowed in a TPE competition!
 

ladysue

Member
Joined
9 Jan 2009
Messages
106
Location
Essex
Just stick to those rules, they state Advenza not Cotswold

First Group is the Parent Company of TPE, doesn't mean FGW would be allowed in a TPE competition!

Fair enough. I was just hoping to find something in this area but no chance.
 

37372

Member
Joined
24 Jul 2006
Messages
587
Location
Mexborough
Advenza is a registered FOC, whereas Cotswold Rail tend to deal with spot-hire and passenger work, so they're like very different branches of the same company. In that case I don't see a problem with only Advenza being included in this POTW.
 

37401

Established Member
Joined
12 Nov 2008
Messages
3,276
Location
Birmingham
does a photo from in the cab of a 56 count? as long as the number is in there?
 

37372

Member
Joined
24 Jul 2006
Messages
587
Location
Mexborough
Competition 315 about AC electric loco's was unfair, as not everyone lives near an AC line - but that went ahead just fine with minimal moaning!
 

GB

Established Member
Joined
16 Nov 2008
Messages
6,562
Location
Somewhere
Due to the nature of the railways, not everybody will be able to enter every competition....thats just the way it goes.
 

Jordy

Established Member
Joined
9 Jun 2005
Messages
8,466
Location
WCML South
Indeed, the original theme was "Fastline" but I changed it to allow more people to enter. Not everyone should expect to be able to enter every competition, but I do my best to keep a wide area happy!
 
Joined
5 Feb 2009
Messages
1,012
Location
Milton Keynes
the only photo I would be able to get is a poor quality still from a film I made last year, and thats out of the question because that film is covered in watermarks
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top