• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Competition 309 :: Non passenger trains on single track lines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jordy

Established Member
Joined
9 Jun 2005
Messages
8,466
Location
WCML South
It is, but its the best compromise we could find given the extremely specific criteria given by the previous winner!
 

minette

Member
Joined
28 Oct 2008
Messages
60
Location
Gloucester
How would you know a particular train was ECS anyway? Could be really pedantic as well and point out in my previous life as a conductor, on our night turn we were booked Passenger-As-Ordered on an ECS move from Cardiff Canton to Gloucester!:D
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,842
Location
Nowhere Heath
Damn, wish I'd gone and shot the 37s at Sugar Loaf a while ago now!

Going to be a tough one this to find a photo for. As I'm on the laptop at the moment I don't have access to all of my photos to check through them so might have to wait to enter later in the week!

Should be interesting to see what gets entered!
 

curly42

Member
Joined
23 May 2008
Messages
747
obvious answer is that it would be empty, boring answer would be to check the headcode

edit: how do i enter, i have a suitable image, but i do not know how to enter

Could be difficult to see passengers in the photograph !! Gonna have to rely on the integrity of the photographer I'm afraid.
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,842
Location
Nowhere Heath
Well the first picture I found that would be enter-able (new word! ;)) was more of a seminar of me next to the power car after arrival.

However, even though I could probably blank my face out or something (I didn't choose it because it would give away who entered it), I faced the issue of whether entering a photo of a power car about to do a very short ECS movement (in order to line up with the signals for the return journey), although on a single line, could count.
 

Phoenix

Established Member
Joined
11 Mar 2008
Messages
2,019
Location
birmingham
To be honest this won't be an easy category to fit many photos within as there isn't a great deal of single track lines around the Midlands.
 

ladysue

Member
Joined
9 Jan 2009
Messages
106
Location
Essex
Cant find anything that would fit this theme so I am off out Thursday to see what I can find.
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,842
Location
Nowhere Heath
Well I found an alternative photo to the one I described in my post prior, I intend to upload it in a bit. Not easy to find a photo to upload and I can't be bothered to scour every folder on the PC so it'll do.

Looking forward to seeing the entries on Sunday!
 

GB

Established Member
Joined
16 Nov 2008
Messages
6,562
Location
Somewhere
Would loops or Sidings off signle lines count?
 
Last edited:

minette

Member
Joined
28 Oct 2008
Messages
60
Location
Gloucester
Would loops or Sidings count off signle lines count?

I'll second that!
I've got nothing yet, and have only got one chance to get something on Saturday ... but I've got a feeling there's a disused line alongside the running line where I was planning to go. I'll try to find somewhere else, but just in case...:D
 

Phoenix

Established Member
Joined
11 Mar 2008
Messages
2,019
Location
birmingham
I'll second that!
I've got nothing yet, and have only got one chance to get something on Saturday ... but I've got a feeling there's a disused line alongside the running line where I was planning to go. I'll try to find somewhere else, but just in case...:D

No offense to you two but it shouldn't count otherwise we could call a down fast on a four track main as a single line.
 

minette

Member
Joined
28 Oct 2008
Messages
60
Location
Gloucester
No offense to you two but it shouldn't count otherwise we could call a down fast on a four track main as a single line.

Eh?:???:

The place I had in mind is a running line, with a very overgrown (brambles etc) disused line alongside. I doubt anything has run over it for 20 years. The reason I'm asking is because the tracks are still in situ, and may be visible in my shot
 

Phoenix

Established Member
Joined
11 Mar 2008
Messages
2,019
Location
birmingham
Eh?:???:

The place I had in mind is a running line, with a very overgrown (brambles etc) disused line alongside. I doubt anything has run over it for 20 years. The reason I'm asking is because the tracks are still in situ, and may be visible in my shot

What do you mean (Sorry it must be late or something)

1.A single track branch off a mainline that is slightly disused.
2.A running line along a mainline which looks by itself.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Oh I get you well if trains only run on one of the two lines then I think it can be used see what the Ministery Of Decision say.
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,842
Location
Nowhere Heath
Makes sense to me. A phot of something on the Sleaford avoider should be countable for this as the track in the northbound direction has been officially out of use for decades and effectively a single line.

Must be loads of such examples around the country. None that come to my mind, but since pres counts my entry will do!
 

Jordy

Established Member
Joined
9 Jun 2005
Messages
8,466
Location
WCML South
As usual go for what you like as long as you think it sticks to the theme - i'll be fairly easy going this week seeing as the topic is so specific.

Anyone with an entry that is not suitable will be given the chance to provide an alternative before the competition starts (within reason)

Cheers

Jordy
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top