• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Compensation for delays on season ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

mathmo

Member
Joined
28 Nov 2008
Messages
338
After an unhappy day on FGW local services, I'm wondering if I should try to claim compensation.

I have a month plus 2 days season ticket costing just over £208, and was delayed by 46 minutes this morning and about 20 this evening, on a journey that should only take 30 minutes each way <(. How much compensation would I be entitled to? I have a feeling it might be 25% of the daily value of my ticket, which would be a measly £2 or something. Am I right?

And does anyone know why the 0903 from Reading to Paddington (which starts at Oxford) has been effectively cancelled after Reading due to "a temporary fault with the signalling system" twice recently? <(
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
Joined
14 Apr 2008
Messages
8,837
FGW only have compensation in the form of a discount or extra days on renewal of your season ticket, based on their moving annual performance figures. The data for this is collected on a local level. The Thames Valley route currently has no discount or void days. If this is not the route your season ticket is valid for, or for details on other routes, further information can be found on their website(Click Here).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top