• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Commuters baffled as Southeastern train is diverted through train wash

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbtc

Veteran Member
Joined
16 Dec 2008
Messages
18,059
Location
Reston City Centre
Sorry, I feel a bit like a dentist who's hit a raw nerve.



I don't believe so - but I'm sure it's somewhere in FGW's business plan (they *do* have a business plan, don't they?) and their SLA (they *do* have an SLA, don't they?)

I think it's supposed to be four coaches these days, it was three during the latter part of 2010.

I'm only asking because there are a number of services I see each day which vary in length over the course of a week/month. For example, one XC service through Sheffield might be a four car Voyager one day then a five car one the next. A Northern service may be a Pacer one day and a Sprinter the next (or a two car PAcer one day and a three car one the next). I'd not call any of them "short formed" if they didn't have the longer train on them, the allocations seem to vary. Which is why I was wondering whether anything specific was said on your local line to promise a longer train...
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
The latest South Eastern story:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...muters-train-cancelled--drivers-seat-wet.html

Fury of stranded commuters as train is cancelled - because driver's seat was wet

Furious commuters were left stranded after a rush hour train was cancelled because the driver complained that his seat was wet.

The key Southeastern morning service from Hastings in East Sussex into London was scrapped after the driver refused to board.

A spokesman confirmed the seat became wet after his window was left open when the train was washed.

Passengers described the decision to cancel the train as an 'absolute joke'.

Stranded Alistair McLuskie, from Speldhurst, Kent, said: 'I wouldn't normally complain if the train is just a bit delayed but this was unbelievable. 'It's just another thing in a long list of Southeasternbs failures.

UNsurprising Daily Mail reader's comment: Good job this type of "man" was not in the trenches during WWll. We would have all been speaking German.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mintona

Established Member
Joined
8 Jan 2006
Messages
3,592
Location
South West
If they turned up to the office and their computer chair was wet would they sit in it?
 

Flamingo

Established Member
Joined
26 Apr 2010
Messages
6,806
If they turned up to the office and their computer chair was wet would they sit in it?
To be fair, we all know drivers who enjoy throwing their weight about. (retires to bunker, closes steel door)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top