Aictos
Established Member
- Joined
- 28 Apr 2009
- Messages
- 10,403
"The dispatcher believed that he had to remain at the dispatch point after he first operated the CD control. This was because the drivers CD indicator is extinguished when the dispatcher releases the CD switch at the dispatch point and, from past experience, the dispatcher believed that, if he released the CD button without immediately operating the RA control, the train driver might take this as a signal to reopen the train doors."
The bold highlights I've added. "Believed" and "might" clearly show that the dispatcher did not fully understand the operation of the CD/RA panel and safe train despatch.
This actually surprises me as I've never been told that if I don't immediately operate the RA then the driver will take this as a signal to reopen their doors if anything if there is a problem then I've always been told to alert the driver and come to a safe agreement to resolve it.
If anything the only time I would expect a driver to reopen their doors is if there was a problem with a set of doors and the driver had to secure their cab before fault finding what the fault could be, this applies to guards as well.