Strat-tastic
Established Member
Don't tell me what you're going to show me, show me!
The latest competitor for the 'most extreme padding' award is the ******* child of Road Wars and Gogglebox. A few short clips of relatively mundane incidents, each repeated multiple times, with audience reaction. I forget the name.Particularly so with "real life" fly-on-the-wall documentaries, such as "Traffic Cops", "Road Wars", "Police Interceptors' and the suchlike, where the production team(s) don't have all that much original footage to work with, and thus have to pad it out somewhat.
Plus the first two minutes after an ad break recount what happened before the break. My memory is bad, but it’s not that bad……Don't tell me what you're going to show me, show me!
I love Gogglebox.The latest competitor for the 'most extreme padding' award is the ******* child of Road Wars and Gogglebox. A few short clips of relatively mundane incidents, each repeated multiple times, with audience reaction. I forget the name.
Edit: Apparently, a common term for a child born out of wedlock is a banned word.
It means I only have to watch two minutes of a program and it makes me realise why, I'd no way want to watch a whole program of hyped up TV eg, Love Island, In the jungle (whatever they call itWhat's going on?
All this grumbling about various vegetables, have accidentally come to the Under tens version of this site?![]()
![]()
Being begged, repeatedly and incessantly, to "go paperless". This morning I got it from my bank after earlier having got it from HMRC. In the first case, I already am "paperless", in the latter I specifically chose to have information posted to me so why would I magically change my mind? And both times to get out of it I have to explicitly select the "no, I don't want to" option before I can get past the prompt.
Yes, I agree. NatWest is going there too I think - I can't set up new payees on the Web site any more and have to use the "app". That said, the NatWest app has improved and it's not as bad as some.Not only "..paperless..", but being forced to do everything via a mobile App.
Yes, Royal Bank of Scotland, I am looking at you, because you make functionality available on the mobile banking app that isn't available on the website.![]()
![]()
Apps
Card details still get stolen, I've had it happen but thankfully the credit card company realised that I was unlikely buying leatherwear in Las Vegas! They texted me to check them the security team called me.I would also like to ban the bank making you approve a payment in the mobile banking app when you want to buy something from a website using a credit or debit card.![]()
We already have to put in the card details and security number, so why this extra step?
Card details still get stolen, I've had it happen but thankfully the credit card company realised that I was unlikely buying leatherwear in Las Vegas! They texted me to check them the security team called me.
Having second factor authentication (2FA) makes a big difference in fraud. It is a PITA but I'd take it over being a fraud victim.
Ah, sorry, I see what you mean now. I have one for my bank which is a minor inconvenience, mainly as its Mrs D821 who spends most of our moneyThere may be good reasons for 2FA, but there are other ways of doing it rather than using a mobile app.
One building society I use gives you the option of receiving a 4 digit code via a text message to a mobile phone (which doesn't have to be a smartphone), or a voice call to a landline.
Using a mobile app can be a pain if the device you need to use is in a different room to the laptop which you are using to log on to the website.
It's not an animal or a mineral, that's for sure...Is sweetcorn a vegetable ?
Is sweetcorn a vegetable ?
It's not an animal or a mineral, that's for sure...
Why is it assumed that everyone has a smart phone. I hate the idea of a smart phone but I can imagine, I'm going to be forced to have one.Not only "..paperless..", but being forced to do everything via a mobile App.
Yes, Royal Bank of Scotland, I am looking at you, because you make functionality available on the mobile banking app that isn't available on the website.![]()
![]()
Why is it assumed that everyone has a smart phone. I hate the idea of a smart phone but I can imagine, I'm going to be forced to have one.![]()
I think having an app only available on mobile and not tablet is down to security - getting something verified via the mobile's phone or SMS function is more secure than a tablet with just an email address.
It's not an animal or a mineral, that's for sure...
It's "a-maize-ing" what you can learn on here!
P.S. If it's not a vegetable, then I presume sweetcorn's considered to be a grain?
It's Barclays' choice based on risk. They're not the only bank that does this, I had the same problem setting up my mum for online banking and she's notvwith Barclays.That doesn't explain why every other bank apart from Barclays make their app available on a tablet.
As I said earlier, there are other ways of doing two factor authentication if that is deemed necessary.
Card details still get stolen, I've had it happen but thankfully the credit card company realised that I was unlikely buying leatherwear in Las Vegas! They texted me to check them the security team called me.
Having second factor authentication (2FA) makes a big difference in fraud. It is a PITA but I'd take it over being a fraud victim.
People who get my name and/or address wrong when I've provided them with the information on-line (nowadays) or in writing (in the past).
These fall into two categories:
- People who think they know how to spell my name better than I do - I get variants on both name and surname from time to time. It is just indicative of a poor attitude to customer service and overall carelessness.
- People who decide I live somewhere else. I think this happens because they put my postcode into a system which returns a list of addresses, and then select the first one with a number "2" in it, which won't be my address. Our neighbourhood Whatsapp group helps sort this one out a bit. At one point the retailer was supplying the correct address but UPS was then "correcting" it for them - go figure!
I just pop everything back in a postbox that I'm passing so they go back through the system again. It must depend on the postie delivering because we used to get this a lot, but quite rarely with the last couple of posties we've had.It should be obvious to a postment that if you are putting letters through the same letter box when they are addressed to completely different people, with completely different postcodes, that at least some of the letters are being posted incorrectly.
But no, it is easier (for the postman) to just shove everything in one letter box and let the owner of the flat (ie. me ) do their job for them by posting the letters that were not for me through the correct letter boxes.![]()
I can explain this - rather than excuse it.Can we also ban postmen and couriers who think that several other people live at my address apart from me.
When I lived in London my address was XXXXX XXXX Close, which was a third floor flat.
But I always used to get letters and parcels for XXXXX XXXX Road, which was a detatched house, and XXXX XXXX Gardens, which was another block of flats.
It should be obvious to a postment that if you are putting letters through the same letter box when they are addressed to completely different people, with completely different postcodes, that at least some of the letters are being posted incorrectly.
But no, it is easier (for the postman) to just shove everything in one letter box and let the owner of the flat (ie. me ) do their job for them by posting the letters that were not for me through the correct letter boxes.
When Amazon and online deliveries became more widely used, I would often arrive home from work and find bulky parcels for other people left outside my door.
Or even worse, a "..we called but you were out.." card from some rubbish courier like Hermes inviting me to go down to some depot in the back of beyond (ie. an industrial estate in West Ham) and pick up a parcel that was supposedly for me, only to find when I get there that it was for a neighbour that had a similar, but not identical address to me. Beyond annoying.![]()