125Spotter
Member
Any advertising that uses the term So-and-so Technology to make it seem like something is more complicated or worthy than it really is, or imply that I am not worthy of being spoken to in plain English because I may not understand, or in so doing tells you nothing about what supposed feature(s) or benefit(s) one is supposed to derive from said "technology" or how it will impact our lives.
Also, people who then parrot "my xyz has ABC Technology in it", presumably either because they're proud of owning ABC Technology or want to show off – without having a clue what that really means (and, if I could be bothered, likely not able to respond to any scrutiny of their claim).
Some examples:
BlueMotion Technology (Volkswagen) - call it what it is. Start-stop, some aerodynamic streamlining and other minor tweaks to improve fuel efficiency.
Trolley auto-stop technology (various supermarkets, most recently seen by the exit of a Waitrose store) - why not just say "your trolley will stop if pushed behind this point" which is far more descriptive.
I'm sure the collective wisdom of the forum has seen many others...
Also, people who then parrot "my xyz has ABC Technology in it", presumably either because they're proud of owning ABC Technology or want to show off – without having a clue what that really means (and, if I could be bothered, likely not able to respond to any scrutiny of their claim).
Some examples:
BlueMotion Technology (Volkswagen) - call it what it is. Start-stop, some aerodynamic streamlining and other minor tweaks to improve fuel efficiency.
Trolley auto-stop technology (various supermarkets, most recently seen by the exit of a Waitrose store) - why not just say "your trolley will stop if pushed behind this point" which is far more descriptive.
I'm sure the collective wisdom of the forum has seen many others...